New Everton Stadium Discussion

I’m sure someone put in here that if a decision was not made by June 3rd the council would have to give a reason why.

Think it was one of the Spurs fans posted it.

That was me and, hands up, I think I misread it. That's the expiry date for statutory consultations. That would, I guess, fit in with all the above posts about it being run past fire safety officers.

The job has been created as a 3D model, it would save a lot of time and effort if they purchased Solibri and wrote a rule on the IFC output that will do all of that in seconds. That's what the design team would likely have done when doing internal checks. Each object/item within the model is likely populated with metadata that identifies its role within the building and unique ID.

Having worked in the fire service for 30 years, I can tell you that their methods are prehistoric. Unless somebody with a brain shows them how software can do the job, they will be using tape measures and an abacus to measure travel distances and occupancy levels.

Having worked in the fire service for 30 years, I can tell you that their methods are prehistoric. Unless somebody with a brain shows them how software can do the job, they will be using tape measures and an abacus to measure travel distances and occupancy levels.
I agree. I'm the only one with a brain in my fire service!

We call them fire Dodgers ha. My brain is in great condition dont want to corrupt it with talk of travel distances, means of escape and intumescent strips! Feeling sleepy already

Very true. I seriously hope our plans are not delayed by the neanderthals in Fire Safety. The department consists of 1) The sick, lame and lazy who can't hack it on the fire engines 2) those who can't handle the banter on the watch 3) those who are afraid of fire 4) those who join it purely for promotion 5) those who don't like shifts. I drink every week with fellow retirees and the one from fire safety gets merciless stick! ("not a real fireman" seems to hit the spot!)

Very worrying to think our plans are in their hands - obviously it is a legal requirement, but if they cause any delay the club should come down hard on them.

I can confirm this as my brother was in the fire brigade for a similar length of time, and he loves a good old tape measure.

Very true. I seriously hope our plans are not delayed by the neanderthals in Fire Safety. The department consists of 1) The sick, lame and lazy who can't hack it on the fire engines 2) those who can't handle the banter on the watch 3) those who are afraid of fire 4) those who join it purely for promotion 5) those who don't like shifts. I drink every week with fellow retirees and the one from fire safety gets merciless stick! ("not a real fireman" seems to hit the spot!)

Very worrying to think our plans are in their hands - obviously it is a legal requirement, but if they cause any delay the club should come down hard on them.
Dont think they will hold it up to any great extent. Too much riding on it to re- generate that part of north liverpool. After this covid lockdown they need this type of project. Only counter to this is the guy in fire safety who deals with this area is a retiree brought back into fire safety as a civilian. Did 29 years in fire safety and is one of the most obnoxious, self important fire safety power crazy people you could ever meet. But surely even he wouldn't hold this up ha

Only counter to this is the guy in fire safety who deals with this area is a retiree brought back into fire safety as a civilian. Did 29 years in fire safety and is one of the most obnoxious, self important fire safety power crazy people you could ever meet. But surely even he wouldn't hold this up ha

Is his name Keith Lard?

Attachments

• C34E8BA0-D4CA-4ED6-B1F7-001D05772FF4.jpeg
    C34E8BA0-D4CA-4ED6-B1F7-001D05772FF4.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 83