New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is not true. If there’s a lack of live projects and contractors are looking for work they will tend to lower their tender quotes to win a job. Supply and demand, like everything else.

this ^^^^

I know it’s not commercial but I’m aus the home builders are all cutting each other’s throats price wise to get business. Like always, this is how the rich become richer, if you have capital when things go bad, you buy cheap and wait for everything to go back to normal and sell. Hopefully we can get a better price for the stadium build

This is going round via texts. Prob not true but see if anyone else has had it.

Me mate is an architect at MEIS Architects the company that took the contract on to design Everton’s new stadium, apparently they have had a video conference with Moshiri, Joe Anderson, Kenwright and the CEO of Laing O’Rourke and Laing O’Rouke have told them they have got to pull out due to their share price plummeting and have to honour the Government contracts they have at the moment, for them to continue feasibility studies on a project which would now be 10 years away due to the economic downturn would be financial suicide. They have advised USM to search for another contractor, as contracts have not been exchanged, Laing O’Rouke are currently owed £32M from Moshiri/USM.

Me mate is an architect at MEIS Architects the company that took the contract on to design Everton’s new stadium, apparently they have had a video conference with Moshiri, Joe Anderson, Kenwright and the CEO of Laing O’Rourke and Laing O’Rouke have told them they have got to pull out due to their share price plummeting and have to honour the Government contracts they have at the moment, for them to continue feasibility studies on a project which would now be 10 years away due to the economic downturn would be financial suicide. They have advised USM to search for another contractor, as contracts have not been exchanged, Laing O’Rouke are currently owed £32M from Moshiri/USM.
Doesn't sound logical... But this is Everton though.

I'll personally take that with a pinch of salt mate, me mate is probably one of them lovable rogue's of the red Tory persuasion. Any building constructed would bite your hand off for a contract for Everton's stadium right now and what it could take 10 years, yeah okay mate. Plus good luck to Laings getting their £32m back, if they are backing out. Na not for me Clive.

This is up there with the “Unstable ground at Bradley Moore Dock“ , “Everton have looked at Kirkby again“ and “Mark Hughes has been approached”

I doubt two billionaires would let someone’s mate privy to commercially sensitive information that could be worth millions of pounds to another construction company , 2/10.

Sounds rubbish mate - 10 years away lol