New Everton Stadium Discussion

Does anyone remember seeing the original turnstiles in the lower Gladys above the toilets and entrances? Like they didn't know what to do so just stored them there?

They where like the small ones you could jump over.

Would have loved one of them in the garden.

Edit that wasn't hard to find on google

Red turnstyles at Goodison?

Spurs fans who frequent this site, was financing agreement for your new stadium announced before PP was granted?
Reason I’m asking is The Esk is being his usual negative self again on twitter, saying that financing for BMD and Goodison legacy will be difficult now under present circumstances

I really don't think normal business rules apply. Besides the fact I'm pretty sure banks would welcome something that has a safe steady return at the moment. So I don't know what he is thinking there.

Usmanov paid 30 million to have first dibs on naming rights, that just shows how much they care about the money. I'm sure like everyone else they would like outside investment to cover the bills but if necessary they will just hand over the cash themselves. We will see how quickly work starts as soon as PP is given to fully say, if they say there is a pause while waiting to see what the markets do with Corona and Brexit then the Esk is right. If they start when the should then they just don't give a toss. I'm thinking it will be the latter.

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Birmingham and Reading have all sold their stadiums and then leased their grounds back as a means of getting around FFP. Sheffield Wednesday sold their ground in a deprived area of Sheffield without any planning permission for any new development for a whopping 80 million pound.

Should we get planning permission for the new development at Goodison, I wonder what value we could get?

Perhaps more importantly, our sale would look far more legitimate in terms of FFP. We wouldn't be doing a blag sale and lease back, we'd be genuinely selling a plot of land with planning permission for a huge development. Still, I guess someone like Uncle Uzzy could be the person that buys the land in such a legitimate fashion?

Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Birmingham and Reading all sold their stadiums and then leased their grounds back as a means of getting around FFP. Sheffield Wednesday sold their ground in a deprived area of Sheffield without any planning permission for any new development for a whopping 80 million pound.

Should we get the planning permission for the new development at Goodison, I wonder what value we could get?

Perhaps more importantly, our sale would look far more legitimate in terms of FFP. We wouldn't be doing a blag sale and lease back, we'd be genuinely selling a plot of land with planning permission for a huge development.

The real estate value of Goodison is peanuts mate. As a club, giving it to the community would probably be a better result, finance wise, as the charitable developments could probably attract grants and stuff.

The real estate value of Goodison is peanuts mate. As a club, giving it to the community would probably be a better result, finance wise, as the charitable developments could probably attract grants and stuff.

Yeah, I remember people saying as much during the Kirkby debacle; that the value of Goodison would be small.

The Hillsborough value has clearly been blagged to get around FFP, but if Sheffield Wednesday can get away with selling Hillsborough for 80 million, then hopefully we could do something similar.

I can see the merits of donating it for charitable purposes as well, though.

Yeah, I remember people saying as much during the Kirkby debacle; that the value of Goodison would be small.

The Hillsborough value has clearly been blagged to get around FFP, but if Sheffield Wednesday can get away with selling Hillsborough for 80 million, then hopefully we could do something similar.

Its probably lock down fever on my part, but I dont follow.

Those other clubs sold their grounds to their owners, kind of anyrate, and can point to years of rental payments as a fig leaf to justify it re FFP.

We are leaving Goodison, with the only development being of a charitable/community nature subject to PP. Ergo, little real value, in £££ that is.

So Moshiri pays £80m for a ground he will never make a turn from, and give it away in 4 years time for some homeless shelters? I think my cats could see through that.

I really don't think normal business rules apply. Besides the fact I'm pretty sure banks would welcome something that has a safe steady return at the moment. So I don't know what he is thinking there.

Usmanov paid 30 million to have first dibs on naming rights, that just shows how much they care about the money. I'm sure like everyone else they would like outside investment to cover the bills but if necessary they will just hand over the cash themselves. We will see how quickly work starts as soon as PP is given to fully say, if they say there is a pause while waiting to see what the markets do with Corona and Brexit then the Esk is right. If they start when the should then they just don't give a toss. I'm thinking it will be the latter.
I think that Usmanov cares a lot about any money he spends but the money he is spending on Everton is an investment in an asset that at some future date will be partly his... probably 50/50 like their investment at Arsenal.

I can see the merits of donating it for charitable purposes as well, though.
The value could be blagged yes, but I think we can all see that mosh and probably Uzzy too have an altruistic streak and they actively want to help the disadvantaged in the L4 community. Just like our neighbours with their, er, with their... ermmmm...

I think that Usmanov cares a lot about any money he spends but the money he is spending on Everton is an investment in an asset that at some future date will be partly his... probably 50/50 like their investment at Arsenal.
I don't doubt that Uzzy likes making cash, most of us do, but does he consider things like Aresnal and now Everton as his hobby, like a mega expensive and disappointing train set, so this is his spending 'fun' time thing.

Is the planning application for Goodison available now? Or will there likely be a wait with the current situation

Depends what Liverpool council decide to do, whether it can hold a meeting during lockdown which works for everyone (including opportunities for supporters and objectors to speak).

Virtual planning meetings are already a thing in some parts of the country...

Depends what Liverpool council decide to do, whether it can hold a meeting during lockdown which works for everyone (including opportunities for supporters and objectors to speak).

Virtual planning meetings are already a thing in some parts of the country...

Yes after seeing that, I'm sure Liverpool fans will be amazingly constructive.