New Everton Stadium Discussion

Get what you mean, but how does that explain just Dixie Dean, or just Ball, Harvey and Kendall ?
Certain players stand out, even in great teams, they become the standard bearers of them teams.

I think its more to do with recreating an iconic image. Like the Dixie and THT ones. Like the United one with Best Law and Charlton. Moore at Wembley.

That was the most weird sight I’ve ever seen. I was in the family enclosure with my kids when he did that, no one had a clue what was going on. I can still see it as if it were yesterday......

It would be a fantastic statue I reckon.

Ball, Nev and Dixie would certainly be deserving, would feel harsh on Ratcliffe and Labone though given their success

Pretty sure it was first home game of the season and Leeds had been promoted - I was shell-shocked as they were winnig something like 3-0 at half-time. We absolutely battered them but couldn't get the ball into the net.

I love Nev but I was annoyed he did that. I took it that he was taking the p*55 out of Colin Harvey and no player should do that

When he first sat down, everyone just seemed a bit bemused. But he stayed sat down and looked a bit miserable tbh, that‘s when some of the crowd (not the Leeds fans who were just behind him in the Park End) started having a go at him. It was really weird, my kids were just full of questions to which I had no answers, because no one knew at the time....