New Everton Stadium Discussion

i see someone has put in pp to build a hotel opposite, will this mean more companies ie pubs, take aways restaurants will be forward planning
tbh, I haven't seen many hotels that incorporates a Winslow /Blue Dragon-esque retail outlet on the ground floor...maybe I dont get out enough.
Anybody who owns property on the other side of Regents Rd must be rubbing their hands.
Probably too late now but if I was minted, Id buy trying to buy out some owners

I got soaked at The Emirates a few years ago in something like row 8. Think I had a similar experience close to the pitch at the Etihad as well ? It seems to be a common design flaw in many modern stadia.

Lesson learnt though, if you can choose your seat, avoid anything close to the pitch, where the view will generally be gash too.

Yes, modern stadia with high roof lines do seem to have this problem a lot, that's why I mentioned it, but it's not universal and one of the benefits of building last is that you should learn from other's mistakes. My feelings are that at £5-600m we should be looking to counter this. At Bilbao the roof is extended further above the playing surface to reduce the exposure. Of course closing rooves eradicate the issue completely, and full roof stadia are beginning to appear now too. These also increase the flexibility of the stadia for year round multi-purpose usage. Lille achieved all of this (and a folding pitch) for £300m only a few yrs ago, and Feyenoord have a closing roof and over 60k capacity for approx £400m in their proposals. It would also improve the atmosphere quite dramatically. There may also be a higher dependency on walking a good distance to and from the match, so I would've thought there would be a greater onus on at least weather-proofing the paying customer while they're actually in the ground to make sure they come back.

Love the Leitch Truss Pattern on the brickwork and steel panelling.

55E7F236-27CB-4BDE-B04D-F928603AF93F.jpeg