New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm very underwhelmed with the transport plans and I think you're spot on with your first point. I want to get there early and I'll stay a bit later too but I won't be standing outside on Liverpool docks when I do. If there's no pubs/indoor spaces I'll be heading to one of the nearby places that will spring up and the club will have missed a fantastic opportunity.

I included in my feedback about the success of "Shearer's" at St James Park. If EFC had bars in all 4 stands serving pre and post game, they could make a killing on matchdays, particularly as people wouldn't have a matchday routine etc. Very disappointed that this is missing.

Jesus I don't remember that. Was that genuinely a thing?!

To cope with what was to become (before and after games) one of the UK's busiest bus stations they needed to pull buses from as far away as Yorkshire. I think transport was a factor in the reduced capacity along with social issues at night games.

If it results in less beer farts in the stands then I am all for it.

Their the absolute worst people at a match, it's always when your back to back in the concourse at half time, I use my pint glass as a make shift gas mask, take a gulp of air from the glass before a swig but also to protect my ale from the stench

Lifetime bans should be issued for them fellas

I included in my feedback about the success of "Shearer's" at St James Park. If EFC had bars in all 4 stands serving pre and post game, they could make a killing on matchdays, particularly as people wouldn't have a matchday routine etc. Very disappointed that this is missing.

Exactly. It's not just hanging around the concourse afterwards that we'd like it's a comfortable place to be. I don't know why they can't have an indoor area in the fan plaza even. Seems such an easy money maker too.

I'm sure something will be open to keep the fans behind. It's all about the money after all.

Yes, but hopefully not an open air "fan zone" exposed to the harshest elements in the city?

Just a guess, but the outside plaza/fan zone thing will most likely be used differently, cos like you say, weather can be crap. On the decent days/evenings, chances are the bars inside will have temporary bars/tents outside, if that makes sense. They do it at the new Ashton Gate, for the rugby anyrate, and usually lob a band on a stage as well. It works really well. And loads of families/kids mill about before and after the match.

Just a guess, but the outside plaza/fan zone thing will most likely be used differently, cos like you say, weather can be crap. On the decent days/evenings, chances are the bars inside will have temporary bars/tents outside, if that makes sense. They do it at the new Ashton Gate, for the rugby anyrate, and usually lob a band on a stage as well. It works really well. And loads of families/kids mill about before and after the match.

I like your point Roydo but from studying the plans I've not seen anything different to our current fanzone. Speakers everywhere and stalls.

Currently everyone huddled under the cannopays with a local band on. Seems a wasted opportunity to not encourage participation in the concourse or tents like you've suggested. I'd love a huge permanent bar/function area that would even be great during away games.

I like your point Roydo but from studying the plans I've not seen anything different to our current fanzone. Speakers everywhere and stalls.

Currently everyone huddled under the cannopays with a local band on. Seems a wasted opportunity to not encourage participation in the concourse or tents like you've suggested. I'd love a huge permanent bar/function area that would even be great during away games.

Surely that will be for illustration only? Like the plaza thing would need PP, but surely not a temporary tent.

a thread (en Francais) about BMD

We will have one of the most unique, iconic, football stadia in the world. The evolution of the original.
I honestly can't wait.