New Everton Stadium Discussion

But Tom, it will still be called the Tin mine and will still stink of piss, sorry mate a few loft extensions and a bigger capacity full of tourists won't change that.

I’m not wrong am I lol he never had the money, and as you say, he rejected the chance to take it from elsewhere as he didn’t want to lose his train set. I do agree it’s in the most amazing location and we should always regret not taking that opportunity, the blame for that lies with one man. For what it’s worth the arena is a nightmare to get away from if you drive, I suspect BMD will be similar.

BMD is not perfect granted but it’s walkable from town and easily accessed from current train stations. I can’t see it being a problem with fan dispersal after the games (unless you drive right up to the ground) With respect to the other sites you name, Garston dock is miles away from town and the old festival site (I maybe wrong) did that not have problems with ground contamination? And there’s not a chance on earth you’d get a stadium on the Speke site, not if you don’t want to take 3 days to get home. I used to work for the bank on the estuary and it’s a nightmare come rush hour. I think BMD is realistically the best site we had left and if we don’t get it then god knows what we’ll do, but it’s certainly a great location and will be even more so once the regeneration of the area is complete.
Not as affordable as the same naming rights being applied to a redeveloped Goodison
Goodison can't be developed though. It's been looked at time and time again. The houses, school and church make it impossible.
Everton have been crying out for a new stadium for years and I just don't get the negativity to BMD.
A developed Goodison seems pure fantasy

Goodison can't be developed though. It's been looked at time and time again. The houses, school and church make it impossible.
Everton have been crying out for a new stadium for years and I just don't get the negativity to BMD.
I'm sorry, but you can't just make anything up. Ward McHugh showed 2 separate schemes 20yrs ago. Using site plans and sightline modelling software I created several others before and after those in conjunction with stadium architects and city planners. It was shown at the time of Kirkby that the club hadn't commissioned a single full study of GP redevelopment since John Moores' days. There is no evidence that they have since.

The trend with new stadiums is moving away from corporate boxes towards large executive lounges with premium seating in the main stands. There’s also the reality that’s there is far greater corporate demand for Liverpool than Everton.

Yes there is a trend towards more lounges and less (but larger) boxes. Yet Spurs have 80 large boxes. Even Sunderland have over 50. Villa and Arsenal have over 100. So 20 seems pretty light by any measure. Boxes convertible to hotel or conference rooms pay for themselves year round. This was supposed to be the site to push this type of facility?

Not negative against it mate, agree with you I'm all for it. Read quite a few of Tom Hughes's post on Toffeeweb over the years, always found them interesting and always wondered what if. But we can not pass up this opportunity, this is one of our only chances in my view to match the premier league big hitters, we won't do that at Goodison, no matter how nice we make it. This is why Liverpool fans hate the idea of us getting a new stadium, especially there, especially when they couldn't. Tom was right about a rebuild, in that era, when Bill Kenwright was running things and we never had a pot to p--- in. But not now, would only think of modernising Goodison, if God forbid BMD fell through.

I'm sorry, but you can't just make anything up. Ward McHugh showed 2 separate schemes 20yrs ago. Using site plans and sightline modelling software I created several others before and after those in conjunction with stadium architects and city planners. It was shown at the time of Kirkby that the club hadn't commissioned a single full study of GP redevelopment since John Moores' days. There is no evidence that they have since.
& both plans look ugly. Anfield will look terrible in the future compared to modern stadia. I work in Manchester & pass the likes of Old Trafford & it looks awful now, just like a meccano set. For the life of me I cannot understand why everyone would not want to grab this chance with both hands. Goodison has special memories for all of us but it's had it's day. You stand still in this league, you go backwards,

If you read my comment that’s exactly what I’ve said, I’ve also pointed out Bramley Moore still poses its own problems with transport

I keep reading about the value of stadium naming rights, but is there a deal in place? The reason I ask is because I saw Spurs next home match is to
be played at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium. Are they having trouble finding a sponsor? After all this time?

I keep reading about the value of stadium naming rights, but is there a deal in place? The reason I ask is because I saw Spurs next home match is to
be played at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium. Are they having trouble finding a sponsor? After all this time?
That's a deliberate move by them as a sponsored stadium name cheapens the brand.

There probably wouldn’t be great value in a deal but our relationship with Usmanov will probably see us get a good deal with USM.

USM have secured a place as an ‘option’ to sponsor the stadium with a payment of £30m.

I read that Levy wanted a world record sponsorship for Spurs’ new stadium. I think I read a figure of around £50m p/a, I have no idea if that is achievable or not.

Yes there is a trend towards more lounges and less (but larger) boxes. Yet Spurs have 80 large boxes. Even Sunderland have over 50. Villa and Arsenal have over 100. So 20 seems pretty light by any measure. Boxes convertible to hotel or conference rooms pay for themselves year round. This was supposed to be the site to push this type of facility?
I think there will plenty of corporate event suites that take advantage of the view over the river in that extended 'box' to the west of the main stand. Looking forward to seeing the floor plans. I'm guessing Sunderland have loads of empty boxes. Their ground was designed before the tighter regulations came in on 'corporate entertainment' when boxes were more popular.