New Everton Stadium Discussion

Praying we avoid the new stadium curse that has eviscerated every club building a "newie", I thought Leicester were the exception then remembered their owner perished in a helicopter at the ground. The malevolent gods have immediately descended on Spurs where despite the human sacrifice of Pochettino the beating heart of the club - talisman Harry Kane - has effectively been assassinated.

BMD is a nice idea but is it salvation? :(

* note to self - never use objective analysis re footy.
View attachment 77340

The new stadium things is going to be embarrassing in 2030 when the RS have never been beaten by us in our own stadium for 7 games

Just thinking about this blue wave that Meis keeps referring too. I know people have said that it will be the shape of the roof etc.

I remember a while back he posted an article (which included the pic below) about Meis Architects designing the worlds first football stadium seating which is made from 100% recyclable plastic from the ocean ...

LEAD_Seachairs-1078x516 (1).jpg

We're certainly a club of "firsts" and maybe this could be the reference to this "blue wave"?

Posted this back in July last year. After hearing Meis's interview the other day it seems like it's happening?

I'd be interested to know why you think BMD is a pipedream . It has been endorsed by lots of locals ( Even THEM ) , the club and the contractors have been so professional it puts the rest of the club to shame and there have been lots of reports of businesses and authorities backing it .
Have I missed something because they have answered every question asked of them and prepared answers for those that haven't been asked ? Why do you think the government will turn it down ? I'm genuinely curious .

We had all that in place at Kirkby, and then some, and it still failed. And like Kirkby, it isn't funded.

You have to ask why this is going at a glacier pace.

We had all that in place at Kirkby, and then some, and it still failed. And like Kirkby, it isn't funded.

You have to ask why this is going at a glacier pace.
They have spent a lot more money and time with this stadium than they did with Kirkby .
We have a new owner ( with his bond baddie pal ) who's a professional in business matters unlike Saint Bill . This is an opportunity of a generation or 2 .
I would like to see a redeveloped Goodison too but it can't happen . It's not a viable option for reasons I'm sure you know already .
I'm pessimistic about this too but if it fails , it won't be down to Mosh it will down to some sort of BS politics . I'm sure the money has been sorted out or at least close to it .
This isn't Saint Bills trainset , this is real businessmen doing real business things .