New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why would there be ?

If I put plans in for an extension, the council aren't bothered about whether or not I have the funds to build it.
I'd assume this would be treated a bit differently than an extension on your house as there is a lot more work required from the City to facilitate our stadium than your extension and they would probably want to know we can afford these plans before the City gives it their blessing and starts planning work on their end.

Billionaire takes over the club, club announces new stadium; consultation process a success, planning permission confirmed as going in on time - and yet some people still aren't happy.

Perhaps when the moaners are sitting in their new BMD seat and enjoying their half time pie with Everton 3-0 up against the reds they might, just might begrudgingly mutter it ain't so bad after all. Shakes head, no never going to happen.

Why would there be ?

If I put plans in for an extension, the council aren't bothered about whether or not I have the funds to build it.
I'd assume this would be treated a bit differently than an extension on your house as there is a lot more work required from the City to facilitate our stadium than your extension and they would probably want to know we can afford these plans before the City gives it their blessing and starts planning work on their end.

Fair to assume but NO you don't have to prove the funds .Just the same as you don't have to build it !

In terms of planning law, there's no difference.

There's some logic in that, but a lot of the work being done in the area isn't specific to BMD, so will be needed sooner or later even if the stadium doesn't get built. The millions being spent on things which are closely tied in to BMD will be being spent on an at "at risk" basis.

The council will almost certainly know what the situation on financing the build is, and will make judgements based on what they believe, but that's still nothing to do with a planning application.

I forget the exact details, but for commercial planning, depending on the size of the site, the council can charge us up to something like 300k to process the application. I know that's not the type of costs you were thinking of, but, if we don't get the financing sorting, the council is exposed to very little risk.