New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah, you are right. Not that it matters anyway, unlikely that we'll go down that route now.

I think someone posted an echo article about that source of cheap central govt funding for councils being withdrawn. Not entirely sure, but it read as if that avenue wasn't available any more.

The fact the club is going ahead with pp application suggests they have found an alternative solution for financing the project.

havn't been following this much are we getting a new stadium anytime in the next 10-20 years anyone think?

You are the new Canadian lad arnt you?

In a nutshell, we very much hope to have a waterside stadium built on an old dock site within a few years. Being on the docks is a big deal in Liverpool, and not easy to do.

Some think its a pipe dream/hoax, most reckon its a goer. Planing Permission is supposed to be going in "soon". Time will tell.

I think someone posted an echo article about that source of cheap central govt funding for councils being withdrawn. Not entirely sure, but it read as if that avenue wasn't available any more.

The fact the club is going ahead with pp application suggests they have found an alternative solution for financing the project.

I don't think you need to have the finances in place to apply for planning permission mate, so in all reality we may still be looking for the cash to fund it.

You are the new Canadian lad arnt you?

In a nutshell, we very much hope to have a waterside stadium built on an old dock site within a few years. Being on the docks is a big deal in Liverpool, and not easy to do.

Some think its a pipe dream/hoax, most reckon its a goer. Planing Permission is supposed to be going in "soon". Time will tell.

yes I am :p and sweet thanks for the info.

According to Tony Bellew he’s spoken to people within the club and it will happen and not with Council funding, but it still has a long way to go. He said just sorting the dock, dredging, flattening etc will take a year just for that bit.