New Everton Stadium Discussion

Rumour has it that the rubble from the flyover being dismantled in Churchill way is being used at BMD due to its additional strength..... makes sense if true

The churchill flyovers are being demolished for the very reason that they no longer had the strength, they failed tests a short while back. Not that it would matter anyway, once rock is crushed and compacted, there's not much that will crush it more, certainly not when the weight of a building generally sits on its pile caps, or when its in a contained space.

The churchill flyovers are being demolished for the very reason that they no longer had the strength, they failed tests a short while back. Not that it would matter anyway, once rock is crushed and compacted, there's not much that will crush it more, certainly not when the weight of a building generally sits on its pile caps, or when its in a contained space.

However, for the record, I think that we'll see the return of the dredging ship that filled Liverpool 2. We'll likely back fill the dock with the pretty vast amount of material that is quite literally just over the way...

Everton, who remain on course to submit a planning application before the end of the year, have also revealed that 98% of all respondents support the design of the 52,000 seater stadium with 99% of Everton fans backing what architect Dan Meis unveiled in July.

YIKES

Starting reading this at about midnight last night, then couldn't sleep, so ended having another couple of beers and didn't get to bed until about 3am!!! :)

Starting reading this at about midnight last night, then couldn't sleep, so ended having another couple of beers and didn't get to bed until about 3am!!! :)

I strongly believe this is happening, but I didn't find the results of the consultation surprising or anything to get that excited over haha. .

However, for the record, I think that we'll see the return of the dredging ship that filled Liverpool 2. We'll likely back fill the dock with the pretty vast amount of material that is quite literally just over the way...

Let's hope it does a better job this time.

JS111810414.jpg

I do think they have made an excellent job of the public consultation and moreso the publicity surrounding it, as a prelude to a hopefully successful planning application.

On that score at least they seem to have made every effort to be inclusive and to potentially close-off concerns and objections to the extent they can.

I'm critical of the club regarding their general communications strategy but on this specifically they have done a good job particularly over the last 12 months.