New Everton Stadium Discussion

When’s the planning app going in?

only 7 weeks left of 2019
Boxing day. Unfortunately, those in charge of the club misunderstood the name to mean the day when all boxes are to be ticked.
Means the council won't even start looking at it until 2020, if it doesn't get lost in the reams of spam emails they'll get between Xmas and New Year.

Attachments

• 7C504053-095C-4139-BEDF-C723B7126D99.png
    7C504053-095C-4139-BEDF-C723B7126D99.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 276
I've been told we've hit a problem with the foundation design. The ground investigation done has supposedly shown that its going to cost a lot more than first thought to fill the dock in and pile etc.. Lets see I guess.
Ah that old gem, mate, the whole city sits on a great big (30miles wide) sheet of sandstone. Those BMD walls hold back 1000s of tons of water, they're anchored to something. They weren't just plonked down at lowtide onto the mud.

Ah that old gem, mate, the whole city sits on a great big (30miles wide) sheet of sandstone. Those BMD walls hold back 1000s of tons of water, they're anchored to something. They weren't just plonked down at lowtide onto the mud.
View attachment 71305
Yes, I know. I'm an engineering geologist. I know the guys that did the drilling at Bramley Moore.

The sandstone is extremely weak and weathered in a lot of places. Bedrock may well be found at 10-15m, but it may not be competent until 50-60m at times.

Yes, I know. I'm an engineering geologist. I know the guys that did the drilling at Bramley Moore.

The sandstone is extremely weak and weathered in a lot of places. Bedrock may well be found at 10-15m, but it may not be competent until 50-60m at times.

Sorry to ask what may be a daft question, but what does that mean in terms of the stadium? Would they have to dig down a lot deeper and that would drive up the cost, or doesn't it mean they just can't build there period?

Oh and given Degsy's post above about the dock walls holding back all that water and thinking of current events in Doncaster, does that mean there's risk to the area due to weak foundations?

Joe Anderson tweeted about the Bramley Moore deal in August 2016.

As for trusting Moshiri you do realise that it usually isn't the role of an accountant to go out and secure funding. Securing funding is about wooing people with presentations and selling them on your project. For that you need a flamboyant salesman not a staid accountant.

Enter bill Kenwright ... 3 times a charm ... what could go wrong