New Everton Stadium Discussion

The present station at Sandhills...who or what does it serve?
Why is it at this location?
Surely it cant be used that much by people boarding and alighting there?
Would it not make more sense to relocate it to nearer to where new businesses and residences are to be built ( as well as a new stadium)?

Moving it would be udder madness.

A few years ago, the idea of building a station at Vauxhall was down as being a possibility as part of Merseyrail's long term plan. From memory, I think it was down as being third in the list of new station priorities behing Maghull North ( now in service ) and St James ?

I don't know if Vauxhall is still on the wishlist for Merseyrail, but 'd imagine as the waterfront takes off round there, then having a station at Vauxhall would look more commercially attractive than it is now. A station there might be a bit closer than Sandhills, but, even if it wasn't, having two stations within reasonable walking distance of BMD would help split the post match foot traffic.

Can anyone advise please? Have I missed the bit where we stated we had the funding for this? Can't find any mention of how its being done, thanks?

CHURCHILL QUOTE..jpg

Moving it would be udder madness.

A few years ago, the idea of building a station at Vauxhall was down as being a possibility as part of Merseyrail's long term plan. From memory, I think it was down as being third in the list of new station priorities behing Maghull North ( now in service ) and St James ?

I don't know if Vauxhall is still on the wishlist for Merseyrail, but 'd imagine as the waterfront takes off round there, then having a station at Vauxhall would look more commercially attractive than it is now. A station there might be a bit closer than Sandhills, but, even if it wasn't, having two stations within reasonable walking distance of BMD would help split the post match foot traffic.
Why wouldn't people just walk or catch the bus up to Lime street?
If I go the match at the moment I'll arrive at Lime street then have a quick pint and jump in a taxi with a few others.

It is 1km from Sandhills to BMD (less for crows), that's less than Kirkdale to Goodison, for those who don't get Kilometres it is not much more than half a mile. I doubt a train station will be built for this if one was not deemed necessary for the echo arena (which, again is 1km from James Street and more to central)

Not compared to Manchester it isn't, and Leeds.
Bullshit I went to Leeds the other week to watch Ed Sheeran not a fan with me bird an it’s got nothing on Liverpool. Even the taxi firms are jokes an the night life is shocking rather go to Mathew street on a Tuesday an it would still be more booming. Wouldn’t mind 80 thousand people where on a park there to watch the concert an it was still dead in the night. Leeds is a dump compared to Liverpool in my opinion anyway I don’t plan on going back to Leeds any time soon.

Last edited: