New Everton Stadium Discussion

the massive downgrade from the original design release in April, to the latest ones weve just seen undermines the ambitions of the board going forward.

why even design a 60,000 + stadium and release images when we were never going to build it.

typical Everton

and as @GwladysPhil says, we will not be increasing capacity once these plans are passed planning. well not by 10k . not even by 5k, maybe a couple hundred

the massive downgrade from the original design release in April, to the latest ones weve just seen undermines the ambitions of the board going forward.

why even design a 60,000 + stadium and release images when we were never going to build it.

typical Everton

Do you think the board just make up capacities and throw things together or do they hire professionals to analyse the realistic return they could expect from a stadium and determine the optimum capacity?

Given you're such an expert in stadium design, I'm sure you'll be aware that it's the last seats that drive up your costs both in building and operation. Adding 8000 seats that you aren't sure you can fill (especially when you've already increased your capacity by 32%!) is a recipe to lose money.

Do you think the board just make up capacities and throw things together or do they hire professionals to analyse the realistic return they could expect from a stadium and determine the optimum capacity?

Given you're such an expert in stadium design, I'm sure you'll be aware that it's the last seats that drive up your costs both in building and operation. Adding 8000 seats that you aren't sure you can fill (especially when you've already increased your capacity by 32%!) is a recipe to lose money.

why give the fans the ammunition to have a go at them by releasing plans for a 60k stadium then??

they had 3 years to get this right , it should be this is what we are building from day one, be it 52k or 60+ k

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

why give the fans the ammunition to have a go at them by releasing plans for a 60k stadium then??

they had 3 years to get this right , it should be this is what we are building from day one, be it 52k or 60+ k

You know what I do if I make a plan and it becomes clear I'll have to change it? I don't bother. Just plow straight on in the face of the evidence, me.

This

Plus the club that are in constant dialogue with the council will have been told what framework they have to work to.Maybe theyve been told to scale it down to keep Unesco & WHS sweet , or have been told planning permision wont be passed on a 60 k + stadium so easily.
Either way nobody other than the top officials on all sides will know whats going on. Some wont like it but it is a very much wait and see scenario.

But then again lets just get rid of all the exits @Frank ....should be a good few thousand extra seats in them :coffee:

I've tried telling them this. It was literally a reshuffle in the seating plan wasn't it to increase it by a few hundred?

Some people on here think after submitting planning permission for a 52k stadium, we will somehow increase it by 10k by the time it's built.

Also FYI - my previous gripe is them using their main image of the stadium with the 62k capacity version to try and sell it to us.
You should of learnt to not try to tell the excuse makers anything by now mate.

I've tried telling them this. It was literally a reshuffle in the seating plan wasn't it to increase it by a few hundred?

Some people on here think after submitting planning permission for a 52k stadium, we will somehow increase it by 10k by the time it's built.

Also FYI - my previous gripe is them using their main image of the stadium with the 62k capacity version to try and sell it to us.

Mate what are they trying to sell us?

Are you saying you need convincing??????????

Mate what are they trying to sell us?

Are you saying you need convincing??????????

People have been posting that Spurs increased their capacity by 10k after planning, which is not the case, it was a completely different stadium - what they did was reshuffle the seating plan to add a couple hundred seats. We have been told we CANNOT increase our capacity unless safe standing lets us adopt a 1:2 ratio - which will never haoen.

The image they keep using to promote the stadium if of the original 62k capacity proposed at St Lukes - you cna see the single tier is much bigger and the west stand has 3 tiers.

I just don't think they should be using that image to promote the stadium, it's on the peoples project website, everton website and now all over news outlets. What' we're getting is scaled down - which I don't object to - just don't think we should keep seeing that design when it won't be anything like that.

Some movement in between the stadium and the proposed cruise terminal:

People have been posting that Spurs increased their capacity by 10k after planning, which is not the case, it was a completely different stadium - what they did was reshuffle the seating plan to add a couple hundred seats. We have been told we CANNOT increase our capacity unless safe standing lets us adopt a 1:2 ratio - which will never haoen.

The image they keep using to promote the stadium if of the original 62k capacity proposed at St Lukes - you cna see the single tier is much bigger and the west stand has 3 tiers.

I just don't think they should be using that image to promote the stadium, it's on the peoples project website, everton website and now all over news outlets. What' we're getting is scaled down - which I don't object to - just don't think we should keep seeing that design when it won't be anything like that.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the external images are from the 60k version & the 52k version is much smaller in height.