New Everton Stadium Discussion

An extra tier and increasing the capacity by 10k is pie in the sky.

I think the initial build will be 52k, and that's what planning permission will be based around.

But, at the same time, I think they'll be aiming for outline planning permission for an extra 10k, with an outline plan in place to show how that extra capacity can be added to the initial design without compromising any limitations placed on them by the council. It would also have be outlined how the infrastructure for 52k could be expanded by another 10k

TL;DR ?

Get planning permission for 52k, and, at the same time ...

Show plans for expansion ( not in any great detail ) and get an informal, in principle, tick in the box for expansion to 62k

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't expect an extra 10k to come from rail seating.

Not sure about that matey.

We've seen 3 different versions up to now ( one had the North Stand covered by a giant screen ) no doubt they will change again .

Wait till the Full Renders are published.

I have no problems them showing pictures that may be subject to change in future but once it looks like newer renders have come out, imho the official sites should be using those. Obviously the club can't be held responsible for 3rd parties using the older shots.

I just don't want anyone mislead or say if a young supporter shows those shots to their mates and then gets shot down. That can happen still, just shouldn't happen on the actual club created website.

I have no problems them showing pictures that may be subject to change in future but once it looks like newer renders have come out, imho the official sites should be using those. Obviously the club can't be held responsible for 3rd parties using the older shots.

I just don't want anyone mislead or say if a young supporter shows those shots to their mates and then gets shot down. That can happen still, just shouldn't happen on the actual club created website.
;) we can both agree "subject to change"

I think the initial build will be 52k, and that's what planning permission will be based around.

But, at the same time, I think they'll be aiming for outline planning permission for an extra 10k, with an outline plan in place to show how that extra capacity can be added to the initial design without compromising any limitations placed on them by the council. It would also have be outlined how the infrastructure for 52k could be expanded by another 10k

TL;DR ?

Get planning permission for 52k, and, at the same time ...

Show plans for expansion ( not in any great detail ) and get an informal, in principle, tick in the box for expansion to 62k

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't expect an extra 10k to come from rail seating.

Or, to put it another way, pretty much what @arch stanton said !

I think it's pretty obvious now that the St Lukes presentations were for a larger capacity. Early renders and images show the three tiers and the gaps at the sides of the home end that have now disappeared.

EFC1.jpg

Who knows the reason, personally I think it's a shame and while the designs are still to be confirmed we shouldn't be surprised if anything else changes. In the meantime all we can go on is the released images that unfortunately for us not involved in the project show multiple configurations. Work in progress clearly.

Again
They are not the Final Renders.

If thats the design ( or close to it) that gets Planning Permission that is what the club will do.
Who knows Spurs upped their capacity midway through the process.

Why get upset until you see them.
Again
They are not the Final Renders.

If thats the design ( or close to it) that gets Planning Permission that is what the club will do.
Who knows Spurs upped their capacity midway through the process.

Why get upset until you see them.

Think Spurs originally got planning for 56k, then upped it twice to get to 61k

It was a different stadium altogether! For the stadium we built it started off just above 61k when designs were shown and ended up just over 62k when complete.

I've tried telling them this. It was literally a reshuffle in the seating plan wasn't it to increase it by a few hundred?

Some people on here think after submitting planning permission for a 52k stadium, we will somehow increase it by 10k by the time it's built.

Also FYI - my previous gripe is them using their main image of the stadium with the 62k capacity version to try and sell it to us.

I've tried telling them this. It was literally a reshuffle in the seating plan wasn't it to increase it by a few hundred?

Pretty much yep, slightly more efficient ways of laying the seating out within the same structure.

Small amendments to the planning permission had to be applied for, but the rises in capacity were so small they weren't a problem. 61k up to 62k over the course of the build.

So, unless something very clever has been cooked up, if you get pp for a 52k stadium, it might end up a bit bigger in the end with that kind of reshuffle, but not 8 or 10k bigger. The real question is, once BMD is built can it be expanded in future, and if so, how.

Pretty much yep, slightly more efficient ways of laying the seating out within the same structure.

Small amendments to the planning permission had to be applied for, but the rises in capacity were so small they weren't a problem. 61k up to 62k over the course of the build.

So, unless something very clever has been cooked up, if you get pp for a 52k stadium, it might end up a bit bigger in the end with that kind of reshuffle, but not 8 or 10k bigger. The real question is, once BMD is built can it be expanded in future, and if so, how.

They have said a few times the stadium cannot be expanded - which I can see wih the north and south stands, but east and west? Why? They both have a lot of space.