New Everton Stadium Discussion

He is a fine young player .. developing well under a good coach who , possibly unlike you , understands football
He is a credit to Everton FC and I expect him to lead the blues out at USM BRAMLEY Moore Park on more than one occasion
He’s none of them things.

He’ll be shipped out long before we play there. An unfit Gbamin getting in ahead of him shows how far down the pecking order he is.

where is the case for 60k? are you referring to those amateur calculations from the Esk?

The club will have done numerous surveys to fans, public, companies around demand and ticket uptake. Based on their ACTUAL INFORMATION they have arrived at 52k (albeit still under consultation).
Us fans have no clue whatsoever about demand and what capacity we can fill. We are purely guessing.

Most companies in the area will already have boxes at Anfield. They aren't going to ditch those and come running to Bramley more as they want to impress clients. If you were an exec at a major company, would you take clients to Liverpool, with their exciting play and international success, or to Mid table Everton? These are the kind of things you need to consider. It's sustained success on the pitch that allows the bigger clubs to fill their stadiums.

Your good sense is not helping lol

I went in the glory days of the eighties as well, and when the reported (for taxation reasons) attendance was always laughed at when it was announced (taps nose) I don’t remember it being 70% full.
I remember Sharp being interviewed a few years back and it was always a bone of contention. Jim Greenwood (Club Sec at the time) inserted "attendance bonus" in a lot of contracts. Quite often it would be reported as between 25/30k and the players would look around tryimg to figure where there extra 15/20k would fit.

Just because you CAN sell a few thousand more seats, doesn’t mean you should. Obviously you can sell more seats if they are super cheap, but what makes more money? Those extra couple thousand seats, or the commercial potential of a more often packed stadium with incredible atmosphere?

55,000 to open with and specific plans to increase if/when needed. I mean, I want to see blueprints and renders of the plans to expand. Then I'd be happy.
Exactly. It’s been very vague on how the actual expansion would be able to happen. If we build 52,000, it’ll never be more than 52,000.