New Everton Stadium Discussion

You mean the pikeys in Oil Street? There's no other community within half a mile. It's an industrial area, always has been. Having a shocker tonight Dave

Apart from the communities residing in the Atholl Village, Lockfields estate and the Eldonians for the last 20 years then yeah, you’re probably right.

And how are they, in your opinion, to be affected adversely or otherwise by BMD?

That wasn’t what you said tho was it.

However, we want it built as it’ll put our house prices up (atholl & eldonians cant be bought). Double yellow lines meant to be going in soon round by mine and the multi story car park proposal opposite the titanic hasn’t had any opposition either. Also, luxury apartments getting built canalside of lightbody street and new station rumoured to be going in the car park. We don’t think the station will be a goer round here tho.

That wasn’t what you said tho was it.

However, we want it built as it’ll put our house prices up (atholl & eldonians cant be bought). Double yellow lines meant to be going in soon round by mine and the multi story car park proposal opposite the titanic hasn’t had any opposition either. Also, luxury apartments getting built canalside of lightbody street and new station rumoured to be going in the car park. We don’t think the station will be a goer round here tho.
The area has been crying out for regeneration for decades, it's been isolated and poorly served for far too long, I can think of only positives to come out of all this for the whole area thanks to BMD and the investment that will kick start.

The area has been crying out for regeneration for decades, it's been isolated and poorly served for far too long, I can think of only positives to come out of all this for the whole area thanks to BMD and the investment that will kick start.

Bought our house here brand new in 2000 and didn’t think I’d make a penny on it. 12 months later, Peel said they were developing the whole dockland area into skyscraper city with bars, bistros hotels etc coming in and our house price doubled overnight. Then nothing at all from them until this. Residents round here are wary of this new scheme as we’ve had these teased again over the years and nothing’s come of them. However, we don’t feel like we’ve missed out on anything as we live right on top of town anyway. It’s the 20 years of roadworks on dock road, great Howard and Leeds street were fed up with. If this gets developed hopefully we can have a few years break from the bloody roadworks.

Bought our house here brand new in 2000 and didn’t think I’d make a penny on it. 12 months later, Peel said they were developing the whole dockland area into skyscraper city with bars, bistros hotels etc coming in and our house price doubled overnight. Then nothing at all from them until this. Residents round here are wary of this new scheme as we’ve had these teased again over the years and nothing’s come of them. However, we don’t feel like we’ve missed out on anything as we live right on top of town anyway. It’s the 20 years of roadworks on dock road, great Howard and Leeds street were fed up with. If this gets developed hopefully we can have a few years break from the bloody roadworks.
They seem to actually be doing a proper job of it all now. Some serious money being/has been spent on all the approach roads to BMD. I have the pleasure of having to drive along there most days to get to suppliers and think I've lost whole days sat in traffic there.

They seem to actually be doing a proper job of it all now. Some serious money being/has been spent on all the approach roads to BMD. I have the pleasure of having to drive along there most days to get to suppliers and think I've lost whole days sat in traffic there.

Have you any idea what that bizarre bit of road they’ve created from Waterloo apartments to BMD is going to be for? They were meant to be widening this road but they’ve made it narrower with this.

One of the main intentions is for the stadium to operate as a venue and generate substantial revenue outside of bi monthly football matches.
Walton is my hometown and I love it, but with the best will in the world no one looks to build a successful non football venue in a densely populated working class area which lies outside the town centre.
The RS can just make it work because Anfield is one of the worlds famous stadiums and is a draw in itself.
Goodison does not have that kudos and until we mirror their success it never will.
Goodison is a prisoner of its location.
Lets wait and see;
A) If it gets built
B) Assuming it does, in 5yrs from now lets look at how many big ticket concerts fc big stand put on - then optimistically half it. Thats how much we'd make.

It might be a prisoner being under funded and mismanaged for the last 49yrs - both structurally and on the field...of being 127yrs old...of having fc big stand next door...are they a prisoner of their location?
But Goodison is Not a prisoner of its location.

We're moving because its time to move, we need a new ground, there's only so much cladding you can put on etc.
We're also moving because Moshiri thinks he can make a few bob.
Its a potential win - win he gets (more than) a few bob, we get a new ground

Nobody is going to get rich off 1 Pink Concert a season in a small summer window

Sky money
On field success
Champions League money
World wide Branding and commercial sales.

That's what makes money > which feeds the team > see above rinse and repeat.

Edit; We may be arguing separate parts of the same argument