New Everton Stadium Discussion

Agree but why fight?
You never fought for something you love?
You never fought for something you don't want to let go of even when you know you've got to?

I never wanted to leave GP.
I wanted a redevelopment at one point but now, now I can see through the tears and nostalgia and love. Now I know we dont really have any choice but to move.
If we want to give future generations of blues the very best they deserve then we have to do this and we have to do it now

My 9 year old has his last day at school tomorrow, me and the missus sent him to bed at his usual school time of 8pm, telling him how important it was that he went to sleep straight away.

Just watched the video and immediately woke him up so I could watch it again with him. Wife is fuming. I don't care.

The thing is, it's a great video (although why they think we all rate Davies is beyond me) and Thursday is a key day, but those leaked docs have already shown the stadium. We know what it will look like.
Nowt to do with how any of us rate him. He's one of us. He's always been one of us. He's an Evertonian who's living his dream, most of our dreams.
It'll mean as much to him as it does to any of us.
Perfect choice for the video

My 9 year old has his last day at school tomorrow, me and the missus sent him to bed at his usual school time of 8pm, telling him how important it was that he went to sleep straight away.

Just watched the video and immediately woke him up so I could watch it again with him. Wife is fuming. I don't care.
Well done sir.
Priorities are priorities after all.

Beautiful.
It's for him and his kids, and their kids, that this must be done right. We owe them that much for lumbering them with this beautiful royal blue burden lollollol

Yes shameful Dave, he should buy the ground himself, just like Spurs owners did, Man City's, owners did, like Arsenals owners did, oh and not forgetting like Chelsea's owners are doing as well. Please Dave think what your saying before you post it.
Other people's cash has to be pledged with confidence: Moshiri knows Everton, unlike Spurs/Arsenal etc, are not a club that can service that kind of debt - yet he pushes for it still, just on the off chance an institution bites.

You never fought for something you love?
You never fought for something you don't want to let go of even when you know you've got to?

I never wanted to leave GP.
I wanted a redevelopment at one point but now, now I can see through the tears and nostalgia and love. Now I know we dont really have any choice but to move.
If we want to give future generations of blues the very best they deserve then we have to do this and we have to do it now

I don't think we need to fight for anything..

It's a nice line about dockers; but the reality was that when the club was founded the last thing dockers were arsed about was walking two miles and spending cash they couldn't afford on a game of footy played by a load of Scottish mercenaries.

The early supporters would have been artisan workers, immediate to the ground (Anfield or Goodison) and with a bit of surplus spending power.
Cantankerous old barsteward.

Never change x♡x

Infrastructure spending (stadiums, training grounds etc) isn't included in FFP.

So, no.
I was watching the Tifo video about Spurs and they were saying that cos a stadium is an asset, then any costs associated with it are just considered part of the overall asset value when completed. Am sure they phrased it better but its interesting that something costing so much money and racking up copious debt is actually considered a + on the balance sheet.

Edit: here's the video:

Mortgage obviously.

But if I was a billionaire would I still get a mortgage and end up paying more or just pay it off in one go ?

No. I'd obviously pay it up front straight away.
Really?? Why not borrow which leaves all your liquid assets to continue working for you at a rate better than your borrowings. Using all your own money is putting all your eggs in one basket. Bonkers way of using money,.