New Everton Stadium Discussion

There is no way will consider trying for Government funding. Council funding was always available but it's a toxic subject for both the council and the club now so there is no way this will happen either. Hope Usmanov can come up with the goods for Moshiri.

Yep, completely agree. Toxic is the word.

Usmanov or private funding , via sponsorships I reckon.

Interesting that 52k was being talked about as a capacity as far back as 2014, when other sites were being considered:

Since the start of our stadium move we have heard a lot about WHS and unisco and people saying we can't build a world class stadium there because of its WHS site .One thing puzzles me even thou it is next door how come they could build a sewage plant there ? But not a stadium that will bring the area back to life
a) Welcome to the world of QANGOs - on a global scale.
b) Because they can

Given this upcoming meeting today, maybe get emailing to the relevant MP's (template below).

Re today's meeting with Everton FC representatives:

Dear, ******* *****

I am a constituent of yours and I would like to see every opportunity given to the Liverpool Waters project for the redevelopment of Liverpool's north end dockland, including the proposed new Everton FC Bramley Moore Dock Stadium. The project will bring thousands of jobs to the Liverpool City Region and must be given priority over and above any other consideration, including any potential impact from the loss of UNESCO's World Heritage Status. I would like you as my MP to give it your support.

R.S.V.P.

Yours, ******** *******

<address>

luciana.berger.mp@parliament.uk

dan.carden.mp@parliament.uk

louise.ellman.mp@parliament.uk

stephentwiggmp.co.uk

bill.esterson.mp@parliament.uk

eaglem@parliament.uk

eaglea@parliament.uk

fieldf@parliament.uk

margaret.greenwood.mp@parliament.uk

alison.mcgovern.mp@parliament.uk

:) nice work Dave , genuinely nice work

BMD is the northern most dock within the WHS conservation zone.
I would suggest that BMD was the only site offered for the Stadium.All the rest will have 'proper' developments. All we are is a £650M hedge to screen the sewage works from the posh offices and apartments.

We'll be that real estate cliché..the worst house in the best street.

Meanwhile, up at the top end 'capts table' developments nearer to the city.

Mrs Bucket is on the phone "Well at least they're at the far end where nobody goes, Richard and I always go out when the rabble are about in case Daisy and Onslow drop in and it does screen one from what the you know what."

Sybil Fawlty, "Ooh I knooow."

As the site has WHS, by definition it is of national significance. Consequently, and in view of the extensive critism of the council's management of the site by UNESCO, it will be called in by the minister for review by the Planning Inspectorate. Just to be certain.

Well we shall see soon enough. BMD in itself is an unremarkable part of the wider dock system which they are interested in preserving, whilst the enterprise zone and the WHS would appear to be mutually exclusive designations if taken to their extremes. It seems obvious that LCC do not see the stadium proposal as a deal breaker in this regard, based on advice from their own planners (and I would also expect that both LCC and EFC have taken soundings from expert counsel).

Last edited:
I would suggest that BMD was the only site offered for the Stadium.All the rest will have 'proper' developments. All we are is a £650M hedge to screen the sewage works from the posh offices and apartments.

We'll be that real estate cliché..the worst house in the best street.

Meanwhile, up at the top end 'capts table' developments nearer to the city.

Mrs Bucket is on the phone "Well at least they're at the far end where nobody goes, Richard and I always go out when the rabble are about in case Daisy and Onslow drop in and it does screen one from what the you know what."

Sybil Fawlty, "Ooh I knooow."

Said this earlier too.

No chance up market flats office or space would build there.

We get a stadium, they get a block from the sewage works and for development to fire start from north.

Win win.

This is the sort of sentiment repeatedly heard when there was initial talk of the development of London's Canary Wharf........