New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ok a different question, why do you think Moshiri is here? Why do you think he has invested 250m into the club so far?

Allow me to answer, hes here to make money, no stadium, no profit.

I get that Bill has let us down countless times, but the man has no shame, his name means failure, Moshiri name means PROFIT.

He will do everything to protect his name.
I fully realised that when many thought firing Koeman and hiring Fat Sam was a bit kneejerk.
Not so ....any whiff of relegation here any future manager will get the same treatment . His absolute priority is protecting his investment.
The guy is ruthless....and I like it.
He will not fail in this stadium .

Did a dry run today.

I'm a relatively fit oldie, so with a brisk walk took me 35 minutes from James Street Station.

The immediate area represents a lost Liverpool, with some reminders of what would have been a thriving dockside community, now sadly run down and largely denuded of housing.

Some fantastic old dock warehouses, ripe for hotel or flat conversations. Today was lovely, weather wise, but no way would I fancy that walk in winter.

A fantastic potential location, but no way could it be seen as 'city centre'.

Aside from the stadium build, transport links and associated infrastructure will need to be in place.

PS. Some lowlife, obviously an RS beaut had fly-tipped a microwave and sofa in the dock entrance. ;)
Did it smell like poo?

I hope they keep all the old warehouses down there. It's going to look amazing.

Yes. Then they dropped it in facour of a new build and it went through in reasonable time. As for BMD: all parties (EFC, Peel and LCC) are on the same page.

Here's the point though (the overarching one): if it's a minefield to get PP and funding for BMD, WTF are we wasting time on this for?

The club have scarred the fans of Everton with these stadium pipe-dreams. They really should have taken that into consideration when looking to push on.

We all KNOW where were headed: a GP redevelopment.
Redeveloping Goodison would be like putting overly expensive lipstick on a pig. It’s a total non starter.

Redeveloping Goodison would be like putting overly expensive lipstick on a pig. It’s a total non starter.

Other than a face lift inside, I cant see it being a game changer in revenues that a new place would be. I guess at a push, the Park End could be expanded, (and yeah I know, there were them plans from ages ago), but other than that, dunno how.

Ok a different question, why do you think Moshiri is here? Why do you think he has invested 250m into the club so far?

Allow me to answer, hes here to make money, no stadium, no profit.

I get that Bill has let us down countless times, but the man has no shame, his name means failure, Moshiri name means PROFIT.

He will do everything to protect his name.
Moshiri, Brands, Besic....the false Gods you worship.

*shakes head*

Typical kopites. Would see the city of Liverpool in ruins just to get one up on "little old everton, who they don't care about at all".

It can't be more simple. The docks are in disrepair. The shipping industry is not going to be what it was 200 years ago and the site will continue to deteriorate.

We (city of Liverpool) move forward or we die on our arse.