New Everton Stadium Discussion

That World Heritage stuff seems all nonsense to me and i dont even think the Council care about it, even if they do its not going to stop this monster

Its about the 6th time that UNESCO have got themselves in the paper over this mate. So doubt it.
It’ll go on their list of reasons of why it didn’t happen. They’ll continue to kick the can down the road and act like they’re fighting it. If the project gets called in, there goes another two years onto the end date.

The board will be rubbing their hands with glee, they’ve got their excuse now. This is going to be a long, drawn out process, which will end with us not going to BMD.
black-cloud-icon-on-white-background-vector-13695081.jpg

Bringing hundreds of jobs and tens of thousands of visitors to a deprived area is definitely going to make the area less appealing and developed than the waste ground we have currently.

Time to punt unesco to one side and plough right on if this is the level of intellect they are adding to the debate.

It’ll go on their list of reasons of why it didn’t happen. They’ll continue to kick the can down the road and act like they’re fighting it. If the project gets called in, there goes another two years onto the end date.

Im confused tho, why would the club, who has already spent vast sums of money on building a stadium, be happy that we dont have to build a stadium?

What do they gain from lying to the fans?

Hold on, I'm handing you factual statements from the club about how tought tye're finding it to get funding; and you're implying with no evidence whatsoever that the club have turned away from the council because they've secured a loan form elsewhere.
I raised that as a possible explanation for Anderson’s recent quietness on the topic.

no more or less factual than your interpretation of “its all fallen to pieces and/or was a sham from the start!!”

Why would they do that? Working outs needed please.

Im confused tho, why would the club, who has already spent vast sums of money on building a stadium, be happy that we dont have to build a stadium?

What do they gain from lying to the fans?
They gain Evertonians still attending games in their droves and buying memberships. Our crowds have never been so consistently high during the PL era, than since Moshiri spun the myth that we’re an ambitious club that is going places, the new stadium being central to that.

Once the stadium dream collapses, which it will because we’ve got no marks running the club, our crowds will suffer badly.