New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think BMD is a completely different scenario than Kings Dock and the fact that Moshiri could fund the scheme if it came to it makes a difference. I share concerns about this becoming a reality but I don't think Moshiri would be committing so many millions to a scheme merely as a way of raising fans hopes, I think there is genuine desire and commitment to make it happen but without funding and plans in place it leaves room for concern and cynicism.
There's little evidence of funding and - outside self-promoting rent a gob Anderson - only a very shakey commitment within the region.

Great Scott !! this means...we have to go - Back to the Future.

I'm not going all Twilight Zone / MLK, but years ago I had a dream where the rs Bro in L paid up the £1 token bet we had about us winning the then European Cup...there you go you blue nose b. he said and plonked the coin in my hand, head side up and the head was Charles, not Herself.
Spooky, but I like it

I would have thought planning permission and the requirements around that would inform the tender not the other way around.

They would have the footprint and draft plans, and they’d pitch it out to certain contractors to see how they’d do it, what cost, and how long the programme would take etc. and they’d rank each one for cost, quality, time, risk etc.

Then it would just be a case of giving it the green light to the preferred bidder when planning permission was granted.

Where has she dampened expectations ? I'm not a fan by any means, but can you give me some examples if possible.

We’ve gone from having a supposed iconic stadium, best club stadium in the country, a home stand bigger than the kop to match the yellow wall etc. to a 52k seater with reduced dimensions that is a year late already and the club are so nervous about engaging with fans that they haven’t released any images of the designs despite the architect having them in his back pocket over a year ago.

Anderson in tonight's echo talking about a light rail system being worked on to link.lime st with Paddington and the new knowledge quarter. Doesn't mention everton but maybe it could look to link BM to the city centre as well.

We’ve gone from having a supposed iconic stadium, best club stadium in the country, a home stand bigger than the kop to match the yellow wall etc. to a 52k seater with reduced dimensions that is a year late already and the club are so nervous about engaging with fans that they haven’t released any images of the designs despite the architect having them in his back pocket over a year ago.

Maybe so and that would be disappointing if that panned out, but just a feeling, I don't think we've heard the last of the capacity yet, have a feeling they'll raise it a little because of the reaction of the fans to the downsizing. But I do fail to see what this has to do with DBB.

Anderson in tonight's echo talking about a light rail system being worked on to link.lime st with Paddington and the new knowledge quarter. Doesn't mention everton but maybe it could look to link BM to the city centre as well.
He spke to the Guardian a month or so back about Liverpool projects - no mention of Everton then either.

Draw your own conclusions.