New Everton Stadium Discussion

Do think there will need to be a station there in the future, not just for the stadium but for the apartments and that they’ll be along the docks. Don’t know who will pay for it like

There's a line already there - why would you oppose a station being placed there? You're going on about Goodison which did well with the constant traffic and additional busses but this is an opportunity to make our new stadium more accessible?

it would roughly cut down on the demand crowd at sandhills by 50% - there are numerous commercial and property developments being constructed / going to be in the near future -

Investing in infrastructure will increase the potential economical output of the area - businesses will be more willing to place offices their if there's a station near by - I can only see positives.

Golden Circle is where I would think not just us, but the area in general would massively benefit from a station.

View attachment 60505
I'm not opposed to it, I'm just pointing out it's not happening and not needed anyway.

No, they run buses to Goodison and Anfield but not a chance they will run one to Bramley Moore as its too close.

Its about 500m from an existing station, the nearest place they could build one anyway is on Great Howarth Street and no closer to the ground, its not about the gap between the stations, its about the distance to the ground from an existing one, building a new station just for this cant be an option taken seriously.

It's over half a mile. That's between a 10 and 20 minute walk depending on your age. It's enough of a walk to justify a Soccerbus, especially in bad weather. There are likely to be Soccerbuses from lots of points to BMD as the trains alone could not cope.

Although the stadium on its own might not justify a new train station, recent transport plans have suggested the land opposite the Stanley Warehouse is mothballed for a station. Some of the land is definitely going to be use as a multi storey car park for the new cruise terminal. Passengers will be bussed to ships before embarkation.

For the record Sandhills is a good 1.5 miles from Moorfields. If that area is to be developed (remember 10 Streets) it is crying out for a station halfway between the two.

I'm not opposed to it, I'm just pointing out it's not happening and not needed anyway.

I feel it;s vital to the regeneration of the area + also having a station a 3 minute journey from Moorefields and 10 minute walk to our new ground should be one the high priories of the surrounding infrastructure.

It's over half a mile. That's between a 10 and 20 minute walk depending on your age. It's enough of a walk to justify a Soccerbus, especially in bad weather. There are likely to be Soccerbuses from lots of points to BMD as the trains alone could not cope.

Although the stadium on its own might not justify a new train station, recent transport plans have suggested the land opposite the Stanley Warehouse is mothballed for a station. Some of the land is definitely going to be use as a multi storey car park for the new cruise terminal. Passengers will be bussed to ships before embarkation.

For the record Sandhills is a good 1.5 miles from Moorfields. If that area is to be developed (remember 10 Streets) it is crying out for a station halfway between the two.

Great post.

Do think there will need to be a station there in the future, not just for the stadium but for the apartments and that they’ll be along the docks. Don’t know who will pay for it like

The cost for a new station will be a drop in the ocean to what it would bring. It simply will happen.

If anyone can find it, look at how much Eastham Rake on the wirral line cost to construct, think it's the newest?

The cost for a new station will be a drop in the ocean to what it would bring. It simply will happen.

If anyone can find it, look at how much Eastham Rake on the wirral line cost to construct, think it's the newest?
According to wiki that station opened in 1995

Maghull North is the most recent, it opened last year and cost thirteen million (again according to wiki)