New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why would there be issues with Merseyrail?
Goodison Park is already serviced by the same train route via Kirkdale . Sandhills is on the same track ,just one stop nearer town.
You are clearly full of that which our future neighbours are paid to process.

Funnily enough, two other posters have mentioned that they also had heard similar about merseyrsil but the posts have been ignored/swallowed up.

Like I've said to a few, your choice, you don't have to believe me but I've only posted what people asked me to. Then all I get in response is abuse.

Won't be bothering in future like.

Monorail?

We've got our best people working on it

images

Last edited:
Why would there be issues with Merseyrail?
Goodison Park is already serviced by the same train route via Kirkdale . Sandhills is on the same track ,just one stop nearer town.
You are clearly full of that which our future neighbours are paid to process.
Thing is look at Anfield, the capacity there is much bigger and they had no issues with Merseyrail not building stations. If there is one thing Bramley Moore dosent need its another station built for it. Besides people want one near the Baltic Triange, St James i think it was called, and there is nothing doing there, imagine how much fuss there would be made if they now said were building another station 500 yards away from an existing one, not a chance this was ever an option.

Thing is look at Anfield, the capacity there is much bigger and they had no issues with Merseyrail not building stations. If there is one thing Bramley Moore dosent need its another station built for it. Besides people want one near the Baltic Triange, St James i think it was called, and there is nothing doing there, imagine how much fuss there would be made if they now said were building another station 500 yards away from an existing one, not a chance this was ever an option.

Is there a rail line near anfield currently being used by Merseyrail?

More cost effective to run busses from Sandhills every other week or build a stop for trains?

I'm going to strongly argue the case that it makes sense to build another station in between Sandhills and Moorefields. Look at the gap between the two...

Is there a rail line near anfield currently being used by Merseyrail?

More cost effective to run busses from Sandhills every other week or build a stop for trains?

I'm going to strongly argue the case that it makes sense to build another station in between Sandhills and Moorefields. Look at the gap between the two...
No, they run buses to Goodison and Anfield but not a chance they will run one to Bramley Moore as its too close.

Its about 500m from an existing station, the nearest place they could build one anyway is on Great Howarth Street and no closer to the ground, its not about the gap between the stations, its about the distance to the ground from an existing one, building a new station just for this cant be an option taken seriously.

Funnily enough, two other posters have mentioned that they also had heard similar about merseyrsil but the posts have been ignored/swallowed up.

Like I've said to a few, your choice, you don't have to believe me but I've only posted what people asked me to. Then all I get in response is abuse.

Won't be bothering in future like.
There probably is a silent majority who appreciate your info...keep posting info please.
Thanks

I drive past there twice a day when I’m home, not once have I ever noticed a smell, not once.
But you go on putting a downer on everything Everton try to do.

So do I, yet I have smelt it many times, especially when the weather is warm. Maybe it depends on the time as I never smell it in the mornings, only heading home at 6.30-7pm ish. Also, apparently this only happens when they do s particular thing so you would assume that it wouldnt be around kickoff!!

Just been down there meself....nothing .

Plenty of roadworks from Costco onwards tho.

See above

I've driven past once or twice and caught a whiff and no my arse is not too close to my nose!

Agree

But surely understandable. Heres another nugget for you. Theres a problem with Merseyrail and the club which is an ongoing issue.

This is for the whole regeneration area, not just the club

Yep, that's something I heard too and alluded to it in a previous post about issues with Merseyrail. They are refusing to build another station between Sandhills and Moorfields.

This issue has less to do with Everton and more to do with the thousands of flats/homes Peel will building along with the massive office space for hundreds/thousands more people. A new football ground is just an extra reason.

I'm sure something will be worked out with merseyrail, will benefit them as well financially I'm sure.

I thought the bit about the dock wall would be a given, I wouldn't want them to touch it as it will be one of the unique parts of having the stadium down there.

We cant just knock it down, but I think we can move it if we re-build to the exact specifics using the same materials. Must admit the access points at the minute are quite narrow for what would be 55k - looks like a potential safety issue.

It's a bit of a walk from town and Sandhills. With other developments such as the mass number of apartments at tobacco warehouse I think it makes sense to create a stop in between Moore fields and Sandhills.

This is the main reason for the proposed station and would be considered even if we were not moving there. People are associating it with the ground but if we moved into the dock with nothing else going on in the area, there is no way they would build a new station to get used en mass once a fortnight.