New Everton Stadium Discussion

Merseyrail are also refusing to put on extra trains which is causing friction - the club are secretly furious with them as they do it for the grand national but won't for Everton. As previously mentioned, they are refusing to build a new station.

Also I mentioned the cobbles causing an issue especially over disabled access to the site. They can't get rid of or cover those cobbles apparently.

The grade 2 listed dock is also pushing up the price and time of the build too. The council, after previously being very cooperative are now being funny about the area retaining its world heritage status. The dock walls must stay.

Plenty of work to do as yet.

But the email sent out today is encouraging, to be fair.

Handy that you know all this but not that there was going to be an announcement, friend

The end is very nigh for you my frandelino, make them count.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to mate. I've had people asking me for more information so I've given a bit more out.

Doesn't bother me if you think I'm deluded or lying or just making it up. That's what I've been told so I'm passing it on. Not attempted to make out I'm some in the know big wig, I've told you how I've come into that information.

Yep, that's something I heard too and alluded to it in a previous post about issues with Merseyrail. They are refusing to build another station between Sandhills and Moorfields.
Your not very good at this, the fact that Sandhill's is a stones throw from Bramley Moore means they dont have to, the idea for a new station was at Kings Dock using the old line that went from Edge Hill via a tunnel to Wapping dock.

Handy that you know all this but not that there was going to be an announcement, friend

How would I have known that ? A family member was in the meeting that happened on Friday. I don't know anyone who works in communications at the club. As I've just said to moutsgoat, I'm not claiming to be some itk. Just passing on what I've heard.

The whole area will become walkable so a new station wouldn’t really be an issue. Fans make it from all over the country to L4 which is massively inaccessible so there’s no reason there’ll be any problems getting to the new stadium.

It's a bit of a walk from town and Sandhills. With other developments such as the mass number of apartments at tobacco warehouse I think it makes sense to create a stop in between Moore fields and Sandhills.

Disabled access?

Mate it’s still a wet dock, there’s able-bodied access issues.

I don’t believe for one moment that Meis would design a non-wheelchair-friendly arena.

The dock gates are street level and are massively wide enough.

And will be so much better looking than Anfield tell him.

Merseyrail are also refusing to put on extra trains which is causing friction - the club are secretly furious with them as they do it for the grand national but won't for Everton. As previously mentioned, they are refusing to build a new station.

Also I mentioned the cobbles causing an issue especially over disabled access to the site. They can't get rid of or cover those cobbles apparently.

The grade 2 listed dock is also pushing up the price and time of the build too. The council, after previously being very cooperative are now being funny about the area retaining its world heritage status. The dock walls must stay.

Plenty of work to do as yet.

But the email sent out today is encouraging, to be fair.
Why would there be issues with Merseyrail?
Goodison Park is already serviced by the same train route via Kirkdale . Sandhills is on the same track ,just one stop nearer town.
You are clearly full of that which our future neighbours are paid to process.