New Everton Stadium Discussion

I’ve seen all the proposals from the Kings to Kirby and this one just feels right!
I’d say I’m 90% it’s happening

Difference is during the previous attempts we didn't have a pot to pee in. We couldn't club together 30 million as a deposit to be able to totally transform the club and now we can just spunk that kind of money on Bolasie and Tosun.

Difference is during the previous attempts we didn't have a pot to pee in. We couldn't club together 30 million as a deposit to be able to totally transform the club and now we can just spunk that kind of money on Bolasie and Tosun.
Mosh would've written that check in 10 seconds. If the guy can drop 100M on transfer fees every year, we can pay for a stadium.

Come the summer the images will be released and hopefully planning permission/spades in the ground come the new year - how amazing will it be seeing work start on our new home.

Going to be even greater when the whole regeneration work is finished.

Anyone else think that once planning permission is granted further investment may come our way?

Come the summer the images will be released and hopefully planning permission/spades in the ground come the new year - how amazing will it be seeing work start on our new home.

Anyone else think that once planning permission is granted further investment may come our way?
Be prepared for some of the miserable arses on here to tell you it's never gonna happen. If kenwright was still sole owner it would never happen. Moshri will want this happen to make more dough .Hopefully exciting times ahead

For a change I actually agree with a lot of what Dave has said in this thread.

The only bit I take issue with is the implied criticism of Moshiri for not funding BMD himself - we don't know exactly what the funding model will be yet, but it will involve some debt on the club's part. I don't think that's at all unusual. What are the most recent stadium builds in The Premier League? Spurs? Before that? Was it Arsenal? Both funded by debt. Whilst he was at Arsenal, Moshiri disagreed with the policy of funding it wholly through debt and argued that a mixture of debt and equity was preferable - we shall see if he's consistent with BMD

For a change I actually agree with a lot of what Dave has said in this thread.

The only bit I take issue with is the implied criticism of Moshiri for not funding BMD himself - we don't know exactly what the funding model will be yet, but it will involve some debt on the club's part. I don't think that's at all unusual. What are the most recent stadium builds in The Premier League? Spurs? Before that? Was it Arsenal? Both funded by debt. Whilst he was at Arsenal, Moshiri disagreed with the policy of funding it wholly through debt and argued that a mixture of debt and equity was preferable - we shall see if he's consistent with BMD
Completely agree. No owner would ever personally fund a stadium build.

Do people seriously think billionaires pay with their own cash for everything?

Yes I agree, the investment will come in waves, what big bluechip organisation won’t want its logo flashing on the largest screen in the uk?
And I also think moshes mate will finally out himself

I see Boro are planning to sue Derby over their owner selling Derbys stadium to one of his firms and leasing it back in order to get around FFP.

I wonder if Moshiri/Usmanov would ever plan on doing similiar?

Whenever I look at piccies of BMD I just fine it very hard to envisage getting an up to the nines football stadium on there.
Just accept the fact that we can get the site for a peppercorn rent, i.e. on the cheap, because nobody else will touch it for residential, commercial or leisure use because of the established next door neighbours. We become Peel's useful idiots and serve their purpose of blocking the less than lovely view north for the other developments.