New Everton Stadium Discussion

Theres only The Bramley Moore pub anywhere near the site isn't there? lol no change there whenever I go past

Loads on that road from the Tai Pan onwards to town.

Bramley moore is the only one in use though. The Bull gets used for gigs from time to time

This as in this thread, deliberate surely?

3E57D1B6-F49E-48D0-B439-E749501312DC.png

He's parking money. Itl's an asset that's always going to gain value because football is an industry where that happens. Just standing still Moshiri / Usmanov could sell up tomorrow or a few years down the line and lose nothing.

The stadium plan is EXACTLY the same as it was under Johnson and Kenwright. You are wrong to say it's "a sham". None of the stadium schemes were a sham. They were actual attempts to snag a stadium and have it built by private / public cash so that the owners' share value would sky-rocket - even if the stadium and conditions of payment for it would have saddled the club with an inferior quality facility and a financial headache for decades to come. The lying part comes from their constant over-playing of the possibility that the begging bowl approach to Everton's stadium schemes could ever bear fruit. They never can, this one included.

The overall beauty of the stadium scheme agenda for all Everton owners (past and present...Johnson, Kenwright, Moshiri) is that it makes it look like their time in control is one where they are doing something substantial to develop the club and that keeps fans deflected from the reality of a club essentially going nowhere. They'll eventually get out with a profit regardless of stadium building. Johnson did. Kenwright did. Moshiri will.

I'm confused. If Moshiri is guaranteed to make money out of EFC regardless, why is going to all of the effort (and not unsubstantial cost) of attempting, even in a half hearted way, to build a new stadium. Why would he waste his money? As I said in my original post, nobody anytime soon would have been kicking Moshiri's door in demanding a new ground.

A lot of the fan base are already (unsurprisingly) worn out by the whole thing. Why risk drawing criticism and cynicism from the fan base for no good reason. I'm not certain BMD will go ahead but I do at least think Moshiri is genuine in his attempt to build a new stadium. I hope he is successful and I think he will be.

Does everybody understand exactly who/what Peel is? I think the fans need to spend some time understanding Peel as a company, because regardless of concerns about design and capacity, this is Everton Football Club's biggest concern :

Also, how far from the new cruise terminal will the stadium be :

Last edited:

I'm confused. If Moshiri is guaranteed to make money out of EFC regardless, why is going to all of the effort (and not unsubstantial cost) of attempting, even in a half hearted way, to build a new stadium. Why would he waste his money? As I said in my original post, nobody anytime soon would have been kicking Moshiri's door in demanding a new ground.

A lot of the fan base are already (unsurprisingly) worn out by the whole thing. Why risk drawing criticism and cynicism from the fan base for no good reason. I'm not certain BMD will go ahead but I do at least think Moshiri is genuine in his attempt to build a new stadium. I hope he is successful and I think he will be.
There is no risk for him. Where is the risk? He tries to get others to build a stadium and pay for it (including the local state, private sector and the club itself) and his shares will soar in value; he tries and fails and it's the council's / protestors / conservation groups fault and he sees the value of his shares steadily increase over the next few years and then leaves. That's been the pattern since Johnson, through to Gregg and on to Earl, and now with Moshiri. They take a gamble on pulling a stadium scheme off and sell up if / when it goes west.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

The issue for me is that it's always a massive outside chance they ever get a stadium scheme over the line and that is a terrible psychological burden for fans to continue to endure. We're into our third decade with this nonsense. The best approach to the stadium issue is to treat it (and all the club information and Meis' info on it) with the scepticism it deserves.

There is no risk for him. Where is the risk? He tries to get others to build a stadium and pay for it (including the local state, private sector and the club itself) and his shares will soar in value; he tries and fails and it's the council's / protestors / conservation groups fault and he sees the value of his shares steadily increase over the next few years and then leaves. That's been the pattern since Johnson, through to Gregg and on to Earl, and now with Moshiri. They take a gamble on pulling a stadium scheme off and sell up if / when it goes west.

The issue for me is that it's always a massive outside chance they ever get a stadium scheme over the line and that is a terrible psychological burden for fans to continue to endure. We're into our third decade with this nonsense. The best approach to the stadium issue is to treat it (and all the club information and Meis' info on it) with the scepticism it deserves.

Great post.

Surely, the risk for Moshiri it that any good will he might have enjoyed from the fans will evaporate more quickly if the ground move doesn't happen than if he didn't bother to go down that route in the first place? Why bother putting that particular stick into a wasps nest?

Surely, the risk for Moshiri it that any good will he might have enjoyed from the fans will evaporate more quickly if the ground move doesn't happen than if he didn't bother to go down that route in the first place? Why bother putting that particular stick into a wasps nest?
Because the possibility it goes through is worth any risk over his own standing amongst fans. In any case, he'll be trumpeted as he man who at least tried to get an iconic stadium for the club on the banks of the royal blue Mersey yada yada yada....

The council and objectors will take the flak.

So despite it all you think it might happen? I think we are further along by a long way than any other proposal we had. To me, it just feels and smells different to anything that went before. You might be right or I might be. Time will tell. Looking forward to 26th July. Maybe I'm being naive.

So despite it all you think it might happen? I think we are further along by a long way than any other proposal we had. To me, it just feels and smells different to anything that went before. You might be right or I might be. Time will tell. Looking forward to 26th July. Maybe I'm being naive.
It's always possible. But it's a long shot.

And surely the furthest we got along with a proposal was a single yay or nay from the Secretary of State over Destination Kirkby? All was in place and ready to go if that political decision had gone the other way. We are nowhere near that with this present stadium scheme.

It's always possible. But it's a long shot.

And surely the furthest we got along with a proposal was a single yay or nay from the Secretary of State over Destination Kirkby? All was in place and ready to go if that political decision had gone the other way. We are nowhere near that with this present stadium scheme.

Dave you know full well Desperation Kirkby was always getting called in, far down the line, Bill never even ringfenced the money for it. lol

The smell you are experiencing will be from the sewer plant next door to the stadium mate ;)

Dave you know full well Desperation Kirkby was always getting called in, far down the line, Bill never even ringfenced the money for it. lol

It was always going to get called in, yes. But that just raised the matter of a final decision. If the decision had been delayed another 7 months when the Tory's got in promising a bonfire of red tape over planning it'd have gone the other way.

Regardless of that, there was a hell of a lot more groundwork that went into DK than has been done so far on BMD. The transportation evaluation; the buying of land and compulsory purchase of property; the planning permission; the agreed financial package.....