New Everton Stadium Discussion

Feyenoord’s new stadium next to a river with a capacity of 63500 costing less than €400

Hmm, the similarities with us are striking. Ground looked ok, from what you could see anyrate.

Hmm, the similarities with us are striking. Ground looked ok, from what you could see anyrate.

They’re planning to build it for €393.8m and this also includes a closing roof!

Why are the reported costs for BM Dock stadium so much high whilst being so much smaller? Something isn’t right here.

Why are the reported costs for BM Dock stadium so much high whilst being so much smaller? Something isn’t right here.

No idea mate. Could be part funded by their council, land maybe cheaper in Holland, dunno. But what ever way its cut and pasted, the income streams of Everton and Feynoord must be miles apart, so for them, a £400m stadium commitment is massive. Therefore I reckon there will be others with skin in the game.

Main contractors expect significantly lower profit margins on the continent than they do in the U.K. All comparable construction projects are therefore less expensive there than here.
This is generally true across the entire industrial sector.

Get ready for the 2019-2020 fixture list.

Check out when we first play (lose) the RS.

Following day, 'an exciting and significant update' , re the new stadium.

:pint2:

It looks to me like the stadium skin wraps quite tightly around the angle of the seating bowl.

Internals are a huge cost. My guess is Feyenoord are not doing as much beyond the basic bowl as Meis and Everton have planned for BMD.

Being by a river really brings the costs down, the logistics, bring materials to the location by boat is cheaper

Feyenoord’s new stadium next to a river with a capacity of 63500 costing less than €400

Main contractors expect significantly lower profit margins on the continent than they do in the U.K. All comparable construction projects are therefore less expensive there than here.
This is generally true across the entire industrial sector.

In my experience Main contractors cost to 3% in the UK, but generally achieve ~1.5%. They won't be cost.g to any lower than that in Europe. Consultants work at a higher percentage of 10%+, but I'm not sure that differs on the continent to here.

In my experience Main contractors cost to 3% in the UK, but generally achieve ~1.5%. They won't be cost.g to any lower than that in Europe. Consultants work at a higher percentage of 10%+, but I'm not sure that differs on the continent to here.

Yes I'm also in the industry and confirm profit margins on main contractors is minimal, the companies that are employed to install and commission items on site (for example IT infrastructure, Lighting, Drainage, HVAC etc can operate at gross profit margins between 10-25%.

Anyway, I was at the game on Sunday sitting with the Spurs fans. Lovely stadium aesthetically but it really shocked me at the flat atmosphere. The noise came in waves and I must take my hat off to the fellow blues in the corner I think they made the most noise throughout the match, the Spurs fans around me only knew when city scored when random cheers came from the away section.

I was in the coach and horses before the match mixing in with a few die hard THFC lads, there was an underlying feeling that this match was a dead rubber hence the flat atmosphere, maybe on a CL league night the stadium will transform? Lovely to look at though:

To keep the story short, something came across my desk today which may or may not be related to this discussion, Everton have got to post something very soon.

The Dutch and Germans love building a stadium on time and on budget something in this country we like to make a hash of.

For someone who works in the building game myself on supply side.When you say contractors work on a 3% margin that seems really low or is that standard for a project like this if so why?

Yes I'm also in the industry and confirm profit margins on main contractors is minimal, the companies that are employed to install and commission items on site (for example IT infrastructure, Lighting, Drainage, HVAC etc can operate at gross profit margins between 10-25%.

Anyway, I was at the game on Sunday sitting with the Spurs fans. Lovely stadium aesthetically but it really shocked me at the flat atmosphere. The noise came in waves and I must take my hat off to the fellow blues in the corner I think they made the most noise throughout the match, the Spurs fans around me only knew when city scored when random cheers came from the away section.

I was in the coach and horses before the match mixing in with a few die hard THFC lads, there was an underlying feeling that this match was a dead rubber hence the flat atmosphere, maybe on a CL league night the stadium will transform? Lovely to look at though:

View attachment 58526

View attachment 58528

To keep the story short, something came across my desk today which may or may not be related to this discussion, Everton have got to post something very soon.
Honestly think it will be the same day as the Champions League final.

For someone who works in the building game myself on supply side.When you say contractors work on a 3% margin that seems really low or is that standard for a project like this if so why?

Generally there is a scale as to the profit levels within large builds. On the supply side the end contractors are operating at higher GP percentages. For example on a (cost) £100k project at subcontractor level the GP percentage will be around 20% hence a total of £125k. (GP differs to mark up as you probably know). Main contractors will not be able to mark up the job by a further 20% as they will not get the contract, it will not be competitive. At tendering stage the project is sent out to around 15-20 large M&E main contractors, and the estimator/QS/project people role is to gather 3-4 quotes per part of the specification they're given. All in all the total in this example will be £4m worth of project at cost, at 5% Gross Profit this will total around £4,210,500.

These main contractors will take £210,500.00 for the sake of organising and running a job. Anything out of specification or changes that can be made will be charged extra to the client. The Main Contractors also hold a retention on jobs for 12 months or so, lets call it the defect period. Having another 3-5% in the bank gathering interest is also another income stream.

Am I the only person who read this and thought I better put this through Google translate?
And I used to work in I. T. an industry synonymous with confusion.