New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes mate, you've been to a German game where they have it - the atmosphere would be the same even if they didn't have safe standing - as they're nuts and sing even when they're getting tonked - we don't.

Getting safe standing won't turn us into ultras, it's just a wet dream from the new breed of fans who think we can become like Dortmund.
It might improve the atmosphere slightly.
In the standing areas then yes, but equally they've got more seated areas in their stadia and the atmosphere here has been comparable with English grounds.

It's the same with the likes of RL with St. Helens setup at Langtree Park. When fans stand, the atmosphere is usually better and that has always been the case.

And new breed? How about the atmosphere we enjoyed back in the 70s and 80s? Perhaps it's just those of us who can remember Gooidson when it rocked.

It's nothing about directly comparing with other clubs yet rather helping to revert the decline many of us have witnessed over the last thirty-odd years.

Inappropriate Language
In the standing areas then yes, but equally they've got more seated areas in their stadia and the atmosphere here has been comparable with English grounds.

It's the same with the likes of RL with St. Helens setup at Langtree Park. When fans stand, the atmosphere is usually better and that has always been the case.

And new breed? How about the atmosphere we enjoyed back in the 70s and 80s? Perhaps it's just those of us who can remember Gooidson when it rocked.

It's nothing about directly comparing with other clubs yet rather helping to revert the decline many of us have witnessed over the last thirty-odd years.

Goodison bounced during the derby, we have that feel good factor just seems we as fans need to take the positivity and turn it up to 11. Yeah I know it sounds like some daft [Poor language removed] but Goodison and especially BMD when it comes to fruition can be that 12th man on the pitch.

In any case I hope we have fooke the red [Poor language removed] emblazoned across the roof

I believe we provide a special and unique atmosphere, a cauldron of hate when it needs to be.

Goodison bounced during the derby, we have that feel good factor just seems we as fans need to take the positivity and turn it up to 11. Yeah I know it sounds like some daft [Poor language removed] but Goodison and especially BMD when it comes to fruition can be that 12th man on the pitch.

In any case I hope we have fooke the red [Poor language removed] emblazoned across the roof

NWHL atmosphere was still awful despite the new steep stand.- we will bring our fans with us.

I believe we provide a special and unique atmosphere, a cauldron of hate when it needs to be.

Not this quote but like in the quote above this one you constantly put down everything you think you can about everything concerning other clubs and its fans.
So getting back to this quote you say "We"
How often do you go to Everton's games to help with the atmosphere (or even go to these other stadiums and notice for yourself how poor these other fans are?)

Last edited:
People really think that we're gonna build a half billion quid stadium on one of the worlds most iconic waterfronts and slap a car park in front of it?

lollollollollollollol

Not this quote but like in the quote above this one you constantly put down everything you think you can about everything concerning other clubs and its fans.
So getting back to this quote you say "We"
How often do you go to Everton's games to help with the atmosphere (or even go to these other stadiums and notice for yourself how poor these other fans are?)

Really not sure how to answer this, but no prem team will ever have an "ultra" atmosphere like most Western Europe teams, despite teams like palace trying. Safe standing will improve the astmosphere slightly, but it'll still Ben like a library during 0-0s with sub par teams.

Spurs for example can build a single tiered stand like Marseilles, but at the end of the day, it's the same fans there that went to the old stadium, and that atmosphere was average at best.

I go pretty much every home game and will go the odd away, won't do anything myself to improve or generate an atmosphere, it just seems to happen when it's either a big game or the team gets stuck in, no artificial hymn singing or scarf waving at goodison, just pure aggression when it's needed and I would never want to change that.

Our away support is up there with uniteds and I hate to say it but Liverpools too. 9/10 the away end is louder than the home end at premier league grounds anyway. Spurs are with the Brightons and arsenals in terms of away atmosphere.

That's correct. However, apart from the last few games the atmosphere has been poor for a long time: quiet, subdued and tepid in the majority of our games.

The ideal solution would be to keep that amazing cauldron we can produce but shorten the gap between those games and the more common library atmosphere.

Safe standing isn't a magic bullet and it's not designed to emulate other teams, yet if it improves our atmosphere (even slightly) in the majority then it's a plus.

I would say that, in the mainstay, it creates a more reactive and conducive atmosphere which can only help. It's the same with recent banners, flags and the siren.

Without wanting to sound obtuse, I genuinelly find it difficult to comprehend the negativity towards safe standing because we as fans will still have a choice.

It's not universal throughout the stadium - like it wasn't with the terraces - so people can pick; if the standing areas generate atmosphere, then surely that's a plus?

You've mentioned Germany and Ultras in a negative manner as if people are wanting to emulate other grounds, which is simply not the case. We just want a change.

Obviously, the better football has contributed to the improved atmosphere although I would say it's symbiotic where they (the players and crowd) need each other.

Really not sure how to answer this, but no prem team will ever have an "ultra" atmosphere like most Western Europe teams, despite teams like palace trying. Safe standing will improve the astmosphere slightly, but it'll still Ben like a library during 0-0s with sub par teams.

Spurs for example can build a single tiered stand like Marseilles, but at the end of the day, it's the same fans there that went to the old stadium, and that atmosphere was average at best.

I go pretty much every home game and will go the odd away, won't do anything myself to improve or generate an atmosphere, it just seems to happen when it's either a big game or the team gets stuck in, no artificial hymn singing or scarf waving at goodison, just pure aggression when it's needed and I would never want to change that.

Our away support is up there with uniteds and I hate to say it but Liverpools too. 9/10 the away end is louder than the home end at premier league grounds anyway. Spurs are with the Brightons and arsenals in terms of away atmosphere.

So did you go to your last game, Arsenal at home?