New Everton Stadium Discussion

Good info for fans. I have never been to England yet, but I have been a fan of Everton for a long time. This year my friends and I decided to visit Goodison Park. We already have tickets for the Everton Manchester United masts, which will take place on the 21st. It remains only to decide where to stay for the night and where to go after a game to rest. The guides https://worldstadia.com/goodison-park.html recommend settling at the Titanic Hotel Liverpool and going to the Brick, which are located near the stadium. What can you say about this hotel and bar, who was already here like you?

Be confident mate .. go with no accomodation and go out to town and pull a cracker and stay at her place .

Why not have the fan zone riverside & the car park Dock Road side?

I guess simply because all the fans that want to use it would have to walk underneath the stands to get to it. That would mean a possible 50 something thousand fans passing through a place that is designed to safely cope with a figure half of that. When it is Regent Road side the people sitting in the east main stand and east side of the goal stands can go directly to the gates, leaving the remainder to use the under stand walkways.

Just one of the numerous issues trying to keep the orientation so the length of the pitch runs parallel with the river.

Not buying that safe standing will increase the atmosphere tbh. It'll still be the same people in the same place and we stand up most of the time for the big games anyway. People are looking abroad at teams like Dortmund who are mental every game but that's their culture. Prem teams lost theirs years ago.
I know some lads who go Dortmund games every now and then and constantly record the atmosphere. It screams RS behaviour tbh.
I disagree. I've visited a fair few grounds across Germany and Europe, all with safe standing, and I do feel that to an extent that it contributes to the atmosphere

Also, they're typically much more affordable tickets which must help improved the affordability and availability for the more dedicated (typically working class) fans.

If people choose to sit, then there's still copious amount of seated options - usually the side stands - while those who wish to stand have the option to do so.

Maybe we have lost some of the atmosphere, however I see that as partly due to the lose of the old terraces which I much preferred; rightly, they were removed.

For many years, Goodison had seated options in all the stands yet there was the option for those who wanted to stand and these sections built the atmoosphere.

Safe standing through rail seats allows a much safer alternative to the terraces but can also be a catalyst for improved atmospheres in the larger grounds.

I disagree. I've visited a fair few grounds across Germany and Europe, all with safe standing, and I do feel that to an extent that it contributes to the atmosphere

Also, they're typically much more affordable tickets which must help improved the affordability and availability for the more dedicated (typically working class) fans.

If people choose to sit, then there's still copious amount of seated options - usually the side stands - while those who wish to stand have the option to do so.

Maybe we have lost some of the atmosphere, however I see that as partly due to the lose of the old terraces which I much preferred; rightly, they were removed.

For many years, Goodison had seated options in all the stands yet there was the option for those who wanted to stand and these sections built the atmoosphere.

Safe standing through rail seats allows a much safer alternative to the terraces but can also be a catalyst for improved atmospheres in the larger grounds.

Yes mate, you've been to a German game where they have it - the atmosphere would be the same even if they didn't have safe standing - as they're nuts and sing even when they're getting tonked - we don't.

Getting safe standing won't turn us into ultras, it's just a wet dream from the new breed of fans who think we can become like Dortmund. It might improve the atmosphere slightly.

I thought the plan were for a 52k initial capacity with plans to expand to 62k??
There are no plans to expand the stadium. If at some stage in the future safe standing is allowed the plan is to remove some seats to allow for standing, making the capacity larger. When this stadium is built I would say there is little or no chance of the stadium being expanded, so it is vital that we get the initial build right

The only thing that safe standing/rail seating will guarantee is that there’ll be a couple of thousand old farts moaning they they’re standing up

....i’m one of those, but i’ve never wanted to stand up watching footy even when I was a youngster. It’s not just about being old. Saying that, I appreciate that lots like the safe standing option. Those who like it can use it, those that don’t won’t.

Everton Supporters come in all types.

There are no plans to expand the stadium. If at some stage in the future safe standing is allowed the plan is to remove some seats to allow for standing, making the capacity larger. When this stadium is built I would say there is little or no chance of the stadium being expanded, so it is vital that we get the initial build right
Ok, I must have read some fake news then.
On that basis then, if you aspire to be one of the dominant forces within football again then 52k is quite a low total. Would think 60k at the very least if there isn't plans in place for a future expansion. Anything less is short sightedness.

Just seen the Aviva Stadium where the RS are playing an ireland 11 - it is the same as Emirates, Stadium de Luz and the new white hart lane. Thank god we're getting a different architect.

na
Area isn't the issue at BMD it's the length of the plot N>S and it's clear that brings compromises to the design, though any decent architect should relish that. I'd like to know if we attempted to purchase some of Nelson and if not why not.

I actually agree with you on redevelopment but the will simply isn't there to even consider it. Had we been moving anwhere other than to docklands I'm sure there'd be stronger voices asking for justification.
Agree completely