New Everton Stadium Discussion

True dat. Don't get me wrong I think it is a VERY smart stadium, the best in the country, and as far as I can tell most people on here feel the same way. Just personally I would have liked it more if the single tier stand matched the other end and it had the same height all along the top. That's just my 2p worth.

Fair enough. I can't wait for Saturday and to be there with 45k Yids for a sing song and a laugh.

Something about a circle maximising the space so thats why....

The shape of their bowl maximises the amount of seats that can fit in the space. You can build a stadium that replicates the shape of the playing surface, but the view at each end of the pitch will be affected. The circular form of the bowl allows the majority of attendees to be forward facing for a majority of the time. Like I said, the Tottenham Stadium has been built to mathmatical equations and guidelines. Meis has decided to forgo some of the considered norms, in order to give us what we want, rather that what a design guide says we should have. Many of the older, square sided stadiums were built in a time when standing was the norm, so facing forward was simple, now they're seated, if your sat right at the Park end side of the Main Stand, the majority of the game you will be slightly twisted to the left through your waist. Its a question of what we find more important, view,or atmosphere. Alongside that is the question of, will having the stadium in a more angular design improve atmosphere with it being what most people seemed to want. I think personally that Meis has found a balance between the two.

The shape of their bowl maximises the amount of seats that can fit in the space. You can build a stadium that replicates the shape of the playing surface, but the view at each end of the pitch will be affected. The circular form of the bowl allows the majority of attendees to be forward facing for a majority of the time. Like I said, the Tottenham Stadium has been built to mathmatical equations and guidelines. Meis has decided to forgo some of the considered norms, in order to give us what we want, rather that what a design guide says we should have. Many of the older, square sided stadiums were built in a time when standing was the norm, so facing forward was simple, now they're seated, if your sat right at the Park end side of the Main Stand, the majority of the game you will be slightly twisted to the left through your waist. Its a question of what we find more important, view,or atmosphere. Alongside that is the question of, will having the stadium in a more angular design improve atmosphere with it being what most people seemed to want. I think personally that Meis has found a balance between the two.
So you’ve seen the designs

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4d980290-4e71-11e9-a36a-59bc188de8ad.jpg

emirates19.jpg

How can you not agree they're similar???
Put Benfica's Stadia De Luz in there and you would have 3 meh samish looking stadiums, only thing that seperates each stadium from each other is the roof.

I don't see anything new or ground breaking with this new stadium Spurs have, it just looks like all the new stadiums this century, boring bowl shape curve at the top stands identikit stadiums.

4 different seperate stands looks so much better as a football ground than the boring corporate bowl that have blighted football this century.

Must be easy money being a stadium architect these days i have to say.

Must be easy money being a stadium architect these days i have to say.
Easy money but you watch, Meis, who has no say over the capacity, will deliver a stadium with four distinct sides and has plenty of nods to goodison and people will still be - 'this is crap, look what spurs built'
He could scrap those plans and build a stadium like Spurs and people would be - ' we need a unique stadium with more character'

Three sides of the new ground are the Emirates with the flaws taken out i.e. close to the pitch as possible, stands as steep as possible, no overhanging roof. It's worth noting the Emirates is flattened because of Islington council height restrictions. It's a compromised stadium with a compromised roof. Populous had no such restrictions with NWHL.

One end of the new ground (which I notice nobody is showing photos of when making the comparisons :hayee:) is a 17,500 single tier stand the same size and steepness as the one in Dortmund. That's hardly trivial.

Also worth pointing out the North Stand middle tier at NWHL isn't corporate. The ring of corporates doesn't exist at NWHL like at the Emirates, they're restricted to the East and West stands.

East and West Stands seperated by a distinct south stand and a north stand with no corporates. The architexture might be similar in places, the philosophy isn't. It's four distinct sides, it's just the corners are a bit more rounded than what you'll be getting with Meis.

Last edited:

Three sides of the new ground are the Emirates with the flaws taken out i.e. close to the pitch as possible, stands as steep as possible, no overhanging roof. It's worth noting the Emirates is flattened because of Islington council height restrictions. It's a compromised stadium with a compromised roof. Populous had no such restrictions with NWHL.

One end of the new ground (which I notice nobody is showing photos of when making the comparisons :hayee:) is a 17,500 single tier stand the same size as the one in Dortmund. That's hardly trivial.

Also worth pointing out the North Stand middle tier at NWHL isn't corporate. The ring of corporates doesn't exist at NWHL like at the Emirates, they're restricted to the East and West stands.

East and West Stands seperated by a distinct south stand and a north stand with no corporates. The architexture might be similar in places, the philosophy isn't. It's four distinct sides, it's just the corners are a bit more rounded than what you'll be getting with Meis.
And the NFL changing rooms are massive too!

One end of the new ground (which I notice nobody is showing photos of when making the comparisons :hayee:) is a 17,500 single tier stand the same size as the one in Dortmund. That's hardly trivial.

100% Levy told the project team he wants something like the Emirates.

And the NFL changing rooms are massive too!

The way they have incorporated the whole NFL party into the build is amazing. I hadnt taken much notice, but the NFL pitch is under the grass pitch, which can be slid out in 25 minutes, then stored under a stand for upto 2 weeks or sommet. They have like a greenhouse type arrangement to water it and that, all under the stand. Quite something.

The way they have incorporated the whole NFL party into the build is amazing. I hadnt taken much notice, but the NFL pitch is under the grass pitch, which can be slid out in 25 minutes, then stored under a stand for upto 2 weeks or sommet. They have like a greenhouse type arrangement to water it and that, all under the stand. Quite something.
Yeah it really is mate, the NFL bit even has its own version of the tunnel club.
There is a lot to admire about the way its been fitted out, and i hope our club take note with some of the things that have been done, but sadly i doubt they will.