New Stadium Discussion

DanB90

Player Valuation: £35m
Was the spurs ground designed with the intent to have fans close to the pitch or not??

The Emirates is crap for that with fans miles from the pitch esp behind the goal.

I wonder how much more intimate our design will be as all we've ever said is we want fans on top of the pitch
I wanna be so close that I can whisper in Tom Davies ear and tell him how crap he is.

H.H.

Player Valuation: £225k
Was the spurs ground designed with the intent to have fans close to the pitch or not??

The Emirates is crap for that with fans miles from the pitch esp behind the goal.

I wonder how much more intimate our design will be as all we've ever said is we want fans on top of the pitch
The South Stand behind the goal is a lot nearer to the picth than at the Emirates. The North Stand (where visiting fans go) is only about 6 rows nearer (but for a big modern stadium it's a short distance.)

H.H.

Spurs fans getting catty on an Everton forum when we don’t go along with the London-based media and tell them how amazing their stadium islol
Or when I take the time to have a decent discussion with GLadyPhil and in reply to my post all he does in reply is a internet version of sticking his fingers in his ears and hum/sing to himself.

Last edited:

GwladysBlue

Player Valuation: £70m
Or when I take the time to have a decent discussion with GLadyPhil and in reply to my post all he does in reply is a internet version of sticking his fingers in his ears and hum/sing to himself.
People are allowed their own opinion. It does look very similar to the Emirates and it’s in a bowl-like shape.

From the concept Everton designs, we seem to have a more four-sided shape design, as the bowl didn’t seem to be popular amongst our fans.

The wave of the single tier stand definitely takes away from it, IMO.

H.H.

It really does look amazing tho.

Probably looks the best stadium in the country at the moment.
"At the moment" is so true.
The Spurs stadium has been built with 10 years newer design technology compared to the Emirates (closer to the pitch being one of them, only having corporate seats in the middle of the stadium and not a corporate ring all the way around like the Emirates and Wembley being another plus.)
The new Spurs stadium has set a new a new high (but costly) standard that will also be seen as "Old Hat" in the future.
Who knows, maybe Everton's new stadium will be the one to set the new benchmark?

mahermi1

Player Valuation: £15m
"At the moment" is so true.
The Spurs stadium has been built with 10 years newer design technology compared to the Emirates (closer to the pitch being one of them, only having corporate seats in the middle of the stadium and not a corporate ring all the way around like the Emirates and Wembley being another plus.)
The new Spurs stadium has set a new a new high (but costly) standard that will also be seen as "Old Hat" one day in the future.
Who knows, maybe Everton's new stadium will be the one to set the new benchmark?
There's not many Evertonians who would turn their nose up at that stadium, in my opinion.

H.H.

So it should.. When was the last big build?? Emirates or Wembley is it... They are both ten years or more old now
Just because a stadium is newer than the last stadium built it doesn't that it will automatically mean that it is gonna be better than the last, the cost and size being two major factors.
With Chelsea currently binning their new stadium build it looks like Everton are gonna be the next club to have the chance to build a new stadium that's a "Step up" compared to Totnam's?

Last edited:

BigBlueNose

Player Valuation: £70m
Just because a stadium is newer than the last stadium built it doesn't that it will automatically mean that it is gonna be better than the last with cost and size being two major factors,
With Chelsea currently binning their new stadium build it looks like Everton are gonna be the next club to have the chance to build a new stadium that's a "Step up" compared to Totnam's?
Well we have been promised an iconic stadium.

God knows what that entails

Lol lol

GwladysPhil

Player Valuation: £25m
GLadyPhil. Because you have such a real cool photo I won't be embarrass you any further.
How hard is it to accept that having curved stands like the friendly emirates makes it like the emirates?

And us having solid rectangular stands is similar to Dortmunds and more intimidating?

That's a picture of me, are you being racist?

GwladysPhil

Player Valuation: £25m
I think spurs new stadium looks great by the way, just criticising the curvature and made up our preliminary designs hasn't copied the Emirates too.

"Look at the amazing corporate facilities" - places where 90% of Spurs fans won't get near.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.