New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just seen that Spurs' cheapest ticket for a concession is £397.50, we charge £90!

I don't think it's fair to expect us to have anywhere near the same quality as them, when they can charge the disgusting London prices.

London clubs, and clubs in the South in general, should be forced to charge within £50 of their Northern counterparts to level out the playing field.

'I didn't get where I am today by telling people we'd get a top notch stadium, by not building a top notch stadium'.
13234506.jpg

I don't think for a minute it will be as 'nice' as NWHL but as long as the facilities for all are acceptable and the arena itself generates atmosphere does the rest really matter?

No not really. There's a certain pride / ego issue where you look at their stadia and want the same, but really the stadium itself has to do its job of providing good sight lines, safe entry and egress etc. You hope for some character, something more than a functional box, but the icing on the cake should come from as much fan involvement as possible, hopefully something the architects have done and will be shown in the final designs. There are inexpensive things which would mean the world to Everton fans that could transform the most workaday design. Incorporating images from past teams, past achievements, statues, murals, bits of Goodison preserved etc or referenced, like a hint of the Archibald Leitch designs. Few clubs have a history to compare, so there's no excuse for not reflecting that in the stadium. In fact, there's a good business case for it as it arguably helps the 'brand'.

Depends what is meant by 'top notch' though really, it's a broad term.

Will it be the a highest rated FIFA accredited stadium? More than likely.
Will it be excellent for broadcast/future IT developments? You'd like to think so.
Will it be atmospheric and feel like a tight arena? So we're being told.
Will it have excellent top end corporate facilities? Again, you'd like to think so especially with the Main Stand paralell to the river.
Will it have a range of different corp tiers? We'll have to wait and see.
Will it have good facilities for the 'average fan'? No reason whatsoever why it won't.
Will it have crushed Goodison aggregate as part of a polished concourse floor? To be honest probably no but do we need that?
Will it look like Heathrow T5 like NWHL in the concourses? Again probably not but is it necessary?
Will it look iconic? Time will tell.

I don't think for a minute it will be as 'nice' as NWHL but as long as the facilities for all are acceptable and the arena itself generates atmosphere does the rest really matter?

Well answered.

When we had the survey's one of my ideas / suggestions which I'm sure many would agree was that it should be the type of stadium capable of attracting the major European finals. I don't see it happening if we start cutting costs, reducing the size of the stands and have an underwhelming capacity. Will be the £Saver stadium.

I also suggested airport style bars in side the concourses. It's not necessary but it depends whether the club are going to make a "top notch" stadium.

Quoting from the Key Principles one line is "Our aim is to replicate the best characteristics of Goodison while providing improved modern facilities to meet and surpass the expectations of all our fans."

You'd want a modern "state of the art" stadium to bring facilities that are way above what we're used to.

A successful team on the pitch is what we all want but this new stadium is just as critical to how Everton move forward. I keep wondering do the club see us along side the 'big six' or alongside the likes of Newcastle, Wolves, Leicester? Is the stadium going to be akin to NWHL or we going to scale down our ambitions?

* We don't need a cheese room though.

Can't argue with most of that.
But Tom Hughes, to name but one, while being a fan, has done a bit more than fan drawings.
Re development Can be done.
Lets wait until it actually fails...if it does...before looking at Plan B.
I remember those drawings and they were convincing.
Unfortunately the important factor here ,is in the estate agents argot , Location.
One of the main aims of a new stadium is one that ‘works harder’ to generate extra income away from football . Just as it was with Kirkby and indeed it’s proven failure to provide this was the final nail in that projects coffin.
I am proud to have been born, raised and schooled in Walton and although I no longer reside there I still regard it as ‘home’. However Walton is not a place you would choose to place any venue for anything other than , well , football.
Anfield has the cachet of being the famous home of one of the Worlds elite clubs.
Goodison sadly does not have this advantage.
Redeveloping Goodison would not generate anywhere near the increased revenue sufficient to justify the cost of the work. Sadly it is a non starter.

Does anyone know if the Goodison Granites will make the short journey to the new stadium? If not, what will be done with them?
I personally think it's a nice piece of history to take along, as there are many as memorials to fans no longer with us.
Also I have one myself.

@PhilM, @Eggsyblueskin and others; what we have to ask is why a new stadium. To my mind the answers are...not in any order;
We need one. Times have moved on, the basic bones of Goodison don't lend themselves to modern requirements.

Why at BMD. There is no available room to rebuild next door (well actually, there is, but getting a chunk of Stanley Park will never happen) like Arsenal and Spurs. It was the best site we could find and anyway, the trend has moved away from out of town retail parks.

Why is Moshiri involved...apart from Kenwright conning him something rotten...There is, it is supposed, value to be added and money to be made in the sell on.

We then also have to ask ourselves why we dont need one, or at least dispell the myth we need one for the increase in attendance revenue, and there is money to be made from hosting 'events'

TV money runs football, the rest is a long way behind.

The other big money spinner, Commercial Cash, is on field success related, not stadium related.

If Moshiri can get various somebody's to lend him the £500M its on.
If he can't or he can only lend £50-75M, its commence 'Operation Redevelop The Bullens'
Or;
If 'events' / unforseen circumstances, etc, etc. get in the way, nothing happens and we remain as we are.

Those are the options, now which is most likely?
* my beautiful assistant spins the wheel of fortune wheel...

@PhilM, @Eggsyblueskin and others; what we have to ask is why a new stadium. To my mind the answers are...not in any order;
We need one. Times have moved on, the basic bones of Goodison don't lend themselves to modern requirements.

Why at BMD. There is no available room to rebuild next door (well actually, there is, but getting a chunk of Stanley Park will never happen) like Arsenal and Spurs. It was the best site we could find and anyway, the trend has moved away from out of town retail parks.

Why is Moshiri involved...apart from Kenwright conning him something rotten...There is, it is supposed, value to be added and money to be made in the sell on.

We then also have to ask ourselves why we dont need one, or at least dispell the myth we need one for the increase in attendance revenue, and there is money to be made from hosting 'events'

TV money runs football, the rest is a long way behind.

The other big money spinner, Commercial Cash, is on field success related, not stadium related.

If Moshiri can get various somebody's to lend him the £500M its on.
If he can't or he can only lend £50-75M, its commence 'Operation Redevelop The Bullens'
Or;
If 'events' / unforseen circumstances, etc, etc. get in the way, nothing happens and we remain as we are.

Those are the options, now which is most likely?
* my beautiful assistant spins the wheel of fortune wheel...
Mate its well down the line..fine tuning....health and safety done...yada ...chill ya beans