New Everton Stadium Discussion

We have a very high-powered CEO at Everton...I have utmost confidence in her getting this stadium project completed. Her business experience and commercial know-how, gleaned from her her experience running EITC, will stand us all in good stead...

As good as EITC is, going from that to overseeing a hundreds of millions pound new stadium development is like going from managing a corner shop to managing Asda. I admire your confidence but it does seem like its over confidence to me.

An extra £100 per head works out at around £5m a season which is quite frankly chicken feed when you are looking at financing a £500m+ Stadium.
Not really. You're comparing an annual benefit with a multi-year cost. Better to think of it as £5m a year income uplift versus the £25m a year cost (over 25 years) of the stadium. It'll pay for 20% of the stadium.

Club are looking to submit planning permission in September. I'd imagine IF we find the money for this 2020 work begins? Anyone have ideas of timescales after planning permission is accepted?

Club are looking to submit planning permission in September. I'd imagine IF we find the money for this 2020 work begins? Anyone have ideas of timescales after planning permission is accepted?

fancy going to an exhibition like this and not even having, or not wanting to show, at least an outline of a stadium design... just the clubs crest.

they obv have designs, and the dan meis designed stadium will probably be at the high end of the amount we are trying to find to build it (say £500m)

the club obv don't want to release renders of this high end design, incase we end up putting a 150m 'reebok stadium' there instead.

shockingly bad from the club

fancy going to an exhibition like this and not even having, or not wanting to show, at least an outline of a stadium design... just the clubs crest.

they obv have designs, and the dan meis designed stadium will probably be at the high end of the amount we are trying to find to build it (say £500m)

the club obv don't want to release renders of this high end design, incase we end up putting a 150m 'reebok stadium' there instead.

shockingly bad from the club
£500m.

This may be a daft question but at circa £500m does this actually stack up?

There's talk of more corporate seats and I get that they bring in a lot more money, but exactly how many businesses around the city are willing or able to pay those kinds of prices? Liverpool isn't London, or even Manchester commercially speaking. Is there an established demand for these lounges/boxes/meals etc? Arsenal had a tight few years after the Emirates was built, but they made a fortune from selling Highbury, they had all those companies with UK HQ's in London on their doorstep,and they had Arsene Wenger and a team playing 'nice' football.

I guess I'm wondering how long will it be before the new stadium is boosting transfer funds rather than sapping them? Does it immediately give a boost to revenue and Brands is laughing all the way to the bank or are the next few years going to be bargain hunt. In which case is David Dickinson even available?