New Stadium Discussion

The binman chronicles

Player Valuation: £70m
If ours is steeper we'll be even higher up.
Ours won't be that high. What you have to think of with St. James's is that the large stands have to be much larger due to the fact that two stands (inc. 3 corners) are a lot smaller. With ours apart from the one smaller end with corners that slope down to meet it, means that the 52k is distributed more evenly so we don't have to have that kind of height on one (or more in Newcastle's case) stand.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
I can smell the unbearable stench of disappointment from the fans after, having already waiting 4 years to see any actual stadium design, being presented some bog standard piece of crap that costs about a quarter of what a progressive and ambitious club, namely Spurs, have paid for their stadium.
I’m willing to bet the letters MVP are all over documents in Everton towers. We’ll end up with the DW stadium on the waterfront.

Big Neville Southall

Player Valuation: £6m
Yes, higher up, but not further away horizontally.
The differences horizontally are that Newcastle have a few walkways plus a lift in tier. I don't think the legroom would be a great deal different and the starting distance to the pitch won't be a great deal different.

So it won't be row for row alike, but you may get something like row 55 on one is similar to row 48 on the other for example.

Big Fat Sam

Formerly butters
I’m willing to bet the letters MVP are all over documents in Everton towers. We’ll end up with the DW stadium on the waterfront.
The William Kenwright Wonderland Waterfront Stadium. Somehow, I am convinced, he'll insist a stand is named after him or something, at the very minimum. Maybe he'll even suggest a statue to commemerate his time as our chairman.

Big Neville Southall

Player Valuation: £6m
Ours won't be that high. What you have to think of with St. James's is that the large stands have to be much larger due to the fact that two stands (inc. 3 corners) are a lot smaller. With ours apart from the one smaller end with corners that slope down to meet it, means that the 52k is distributed more evenly so we don't have to have that kind of height on one (or more in Newcastle's case) stand.
There are weighting differences as you say. Behind the goal I think Newcastle has about 58/68 rows? Ours is 66?
Newcastle has a step up for a tier which our South Stand doesn't so it's possible you could knock off the last 5-10 rows at Newcastle to see an equivalent to our views. As I said on the other post it won't be row for row alike, but it's possibly the closest example we'd get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.