New Everton Stadium Discussion

I cycled past the proposed new stadium last week and there isn't a thing going on there...They haven't even to began draining it and my god it will be a big job when they start to even open the gates to the site.....

This is just the latest in the failures of this club.

Who on Earth builds a stadium which is smaller than 7 other club’s stadiums in the league? A once in a generation opportunity and we go for such a low capacity.

This club needs to just stop pretending that we’re in any way, shape or form, trying to compete at the top. We settled for mid-table mediocrity long ago.

We’re like a desperate kid trying to fit in. It’s embarrasing now.

This is just the latest in the failures of this club.

Who on Earth builds a stadium which is smaller than 7 other club’s stadiums in the league? A once in a generation opportunity and we go for such a low capacity.

This club needs to just stop pretending that we’re in any way, shape or form, trying to compete at the top. We settled for mid-table mediocrity long ago.

We’re like a desperate kid trying to fit in. It’s embarrasing now.

Maybe the club aren't pretending at all mate. Maybe they are planning for a mid sized stadium because they see us a middle of the table team.

It might be us fans who need to realise that we've been crap for 20 odd years and we will probably be crap for another 20 odd years, just in a better looking stadium

I cycled past the proposed new stadium last week and there isn't a thing going on there...They haven't even to began draining it and my god it will be a big job when they start to even open the gates to the site.....

Mate they have not yet sent the planning application for consideration never mind received permission to commence ANY work on what is a protected site.

A bit of realism please.

Maybe the club aren't pretending at all mate. Maybe they are planning for a mid sized stadium because they see us a middle of the table team.

It might be us fans who need to realise that we've been crap for 20 odd years and we will probably be crap for another 20 odd years, just in a better looking stadium
They’ve been giving the ‘most iconic stadium I’ve ever seen’, etc.

We’re just an embarrassment of a club, from the top down.

So we are told we can increase the stadium yet safe standing won’t increase capacity nor have we got the footprint to do so.....

Yeah am sick and tired of this football club and it pretending to want to compete.