New Everton Stadium Discussion

Firstly, are we ever likely to see the south stand with safe standing? There doesn't seem any realistic prospect of anything better than 1:1 seat conversion at a 25 degree angle this side of 2023 unless I've completely misread the public and political debate. So, if the capacity is 52k in the all seater variant presumably we'd be looking a at slightly lower capacity with the 25 degree variant with 1:1 conversion?

Yes, it'll be built in from the start but as you rightly say it'll be 1:1. Why would the capacity be lower than if it was all-seated though? Have I missed something? Surely it'll be exactly the same?

Also, later conversion back to 32 degrees from 25 degrees doesn't look a quick job that can be done over one summer which makes it questionable whether that would ever occur.

You won't build it at 32 degrees in the first place! The single-gradient 32 degrees stand is, I would suggest, a complete fantasy at this point. It doesn't fit the regs for standing areas, and the club won't flout the regs and risk not being able to have safe standing. If I were you, I'd forget Option 1. Whatever will be built will have a change in gradient. Whether it ends up being as crude as the new diagram suggests (i.e. Option 3, the one that complies with the regs) we'll have to wait and see.

This is actually hilarious, people genuinely kicking off over what the stadium looks like. That document has nothing to do with what the stadium will end up looking like. There slides from a meeting about the building specifications i.e. size, hight, seating lay out, What way the stadium will face, sightlines, seat spacing and how big the roof is going to be.

Just look at the second slide

Today's agenda:

1, overview

2, regulation requirements

3, program

4, seating bowl parameters

5, comparisons to other EPL stadiums

Seems fairly obvious to me this has nothing to do with what it'll actually look like. It literally makes no reference to the outside of the stadium or the concourses at all. In fact if it wasn't for slide 31 where it compares the other stadiums i doubt that picture of the supposed new stadium would even be in it.

A new shiny ground is only part of the process - we need a new owner, manager and a few top quality players to really push on.

Usmanov needs to come aboard and put some professionalism into this club.

This is actually hilarious, people genuinely kicking off over what the stadium looks like. That document has nothing to do with what the stadium will end up looking like. There slides from a meeting about the building specifications i.e. size, hight, seating lay out, What way the stadium will face, sightlines, seat spacing and how big the roof is going to be.

Just look at the second slide

Today's agenda:

1, overview

2, regulation requirements

3, program

4, seating bowl parameters

5, comparisons to other EPL stadiums

Seems fairly obvious to me this has nothing to do with what it'll actually look like. It literally makes no reference to the outside of the stadium or the concourses at all. In fact if it wasn't for slide 31 where it compares the other stadiums i doubt that picture of the supposed new stadium would even be in it.

How dare you approach this rationally!

FWIW my position on "iconic" has changed over the lifetime of this scheme. I did think that it could only be described as such if it had a unique frontage/roof/materials etc....which would be nice too. However, I've gradually accepted they might well be out of the reach of a club looking to get financing for this stadium and that in those circumstances we have to accept the fact that "iconic" relates to the location - on a globally recognisable waterfront and part of a world heritage site. It would be hard pressed not to be impressive on that site. And make no mistake about it, the Kopites will be spitting blood at the sight of our ground being projected like that.

That all being said, and due to funding and the record of this club ballsing up anything worth doing, I still rate the chances of this happening at no better than about 20%.

It's not going to be iconic. It's not going to be ground-breaking. If it ever gets built it will be done with the end game of existing only. Moshiri is a fraud and I've no faith in any of the people running the club.

If genuine, this is a new low for GOT.

The very fact the ground is even being built is due to that "fraud".

It may not be iconic (it still may be) but to question the guy who has literally made it happen is weird.

You sound like a petulant child