New Stadium Discussion

GwladysBlue

Player Valuation: £70m
I don’t think anyone thinks two years is realistic, heck, given that this is Everton, I don’t even think we’ll get it done in three years. Wouldn’t surprise me if we do a Valencia, get the structure built, but can’t finish the project.

deipnosophist

I still question the wisdom of leaving a stadium that provides a smaller capacity with plenty of obstructed views, for one that provides a much larger capacity with nil obstructed viewing.
When you're watching Everton, you need to give your eyes as much protection as possible. Eye bleeds are very painful. Why would you want to increase its incidence? This proposed stadium move is, in my opinion, very short-sighted (pun intended)

alvinh

Player Valuation: £150k
I still question the wisdom of leaving a stadium that provides a smaller capacity with plenty of obstructed views, for one that provides a much larger capacity with nil obstructed viewing.
When you're watching Everton, you need to give your eyes as much protection as possible. Eye bleeds are very painful. Why would you want to increase its incidence? This proposed stadium move is, in my opinion, very short-sighted (pun intended)
You didn't see the press release about which direction the seats would be facing did you?

tommytowne

Player Valuation: £25m
Talking about exec boxes & hospitality suites ,I don't get the idea of having a big 3 course meal pre-match .I'd prefer it afterwards ,so for that reason I'm out. Like to see better facilities for the avarage fan pre-match though ,like at Wembley.
Experienced it just the one time, getting treated for my 60th.
Entered 85 Lounge at midday, copious amounts of Guiness and red wine, three course meal including best fillet steak I've had then the game. Guiness waiting on your table at half time and at end of play. Brilliant day out made better as we actually won.
I would like to be around in four years time to do it again at our new midden.

GwladysBlue

I’d love for the new stadium to incorporate a huge bar for fans, or have a fan zone with huge tents, selling ales at reasonable prices. Get local bands in to provide some entertainment.

Just because it’s a football club, why do they have to charge £4-£5 a pint? It’s ridiculous. Get £2-£3 pints on offer and I bet a lot of people would do it, both before and after the match.

murphy89

Player Valuation: £750k
I’d love for the new stadium to incorporate a huge bar for fans, or have a fan zone with huge tents, selling ales at reasonable prices. Get local bands in to provide some entertainment.

Just because it’s a football club, why do they have to charge £4-£5 a pint? It’s ridiculous. Get £2-£3 pints on offer and I bet a lot of people would do it, both before and after the match.
Where you buying a decent pint for £2-£3? You're lucky to get a pint under £4.50 in town these days, why would a football stadium be any different?

liamefc91

Player Valuation: £5m
Experienced it just the one time, getting treated for my 60th.
Entered 85 Lounge at midday, copious amounts of Guiness and red wine, three course meal including best fillet steak I've had then the game. Guiness waiting on your table at half time and at end of play. Brilliant day out made better as we actually won.
I would like to be around in four years time to do it again at our new midden.

Done that myself twice and it gives you a complete different expirance as a match going fan. Its where the money is - £270 per head we paid for the cardiff game, almost half your season ticket price for one game. But i enjoyed every minute of it. If only i won the lottery..

GwladysBlue

Where you buying a decent pint for £2-£3? You're lucky to get a pint under £4.50 in town these days, why would a football stadium be any different?
Where are you going in town to be charged them prices? Ship and Mitre, Shipping Forecast and the like, I assume?

You can get: Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg and Becks for £2.80 in most places.

hirons11

Player Valuation: £950k
360 degree revolving seats so you can overlook the bay instead of the match, hmm
We really need to run with this, got visions of San Francisco or Sydney here. The rich footy tourists are going to be arriving in there thousands with the correct marketing.

Give yourself a gold star young man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.