New Everton Stadium Discussion

There will also still be a water channel between the two docks on either side, though why that is necessary when both of the other docks seem to have direct access to the river, I do not know. (It is 'a historic water course' according to the line under the first graphic on https://sportsvenuebusiness.com/index.php/2019/01/09/everton-provides-stadium-project-update/ )

It's an aesthetic feature not only for the stadium, but surroundin restaurants and bars that will be built too.

It adds a bit of ambition to the project.

Yeah but the goal would be to eventually fill them empty seats with success on the pitch. Unless the board think they can't do it.
There won't be any empty seats though if the stadium generates the 'new stadium effect' seen everywhere else a club has moved to a new ground. At typically around 20% this uplift alone will see all the extra 8,000 non-hospitality seats taken up. Heaven help us if in the meantime we go and actually win something!

There will also still be a water channel between the two docks on either side, though why that is necessary when both of the other docks seem to have direct access to the river, I do not know. (It is 'a historic water course' according to the line under the first graphic on https://sportsvenuebusiness.com/index.php/2019/01/09/everton-provides-stadium-project-update/ )

The dock system relies on its interconnectivity. Think of it as a living breathing thing.

They have stellar commercial revenues that's why.

I'm amazed at this thread reading posts saying that the match day revenue will make our turnover go up substantially when that is not the case, it's the third or 4th most important revenue for clubs.

For CL clubs Commercial and TV are the bulk of a clubs revenue and CL revenues then match day.

Bayern's matchday revenue is 17% of their turnover of over £500 million pounds.

Juve's match day revenue is £24 million a year and they are ranked 8th place in the top 10 richest clubs.

City's match day is £52 million and they have a turnover of £500 million financially doped by over excessive over priced owner linked commercial deals by Shiekh Mansour at nearly £250 million a year.

Hilariously PSG match day revenue is around £120 million a year with a stadium around 45000, but we know like city they are financially doped by a human rights abusing oil rich regime.

And our latest turnover results are worrying when the bulk of our turnover is TV money with a pitiful commercial revenue stream and 77% of that turnover is being spent on wages.

Them across the park have a commercial enterprise that gone tenfold that's growing their turnover every year at 30%.

Commercial is what needs boosting,relying on match day revenues to get us up the money list is impossible.
I know this was weeks ago, but a good point would be my gfs friend come down one weekend with her chap to watch a rs match. He spent more in 6 hours on tickets, tours, merchandise, food and drink (about £700 from memory) all inside the ground than me and the 5 lads I go with have spent in one season. Maybe even 2 seasons.

And he isn't a 1 off. They have thousands of daytrippers for every home game looking to come up as a 1 off and spend hundreds all on official, club licensed tours and merchandise. We have thousands that turn up, have the odd pint in one of the pubs, maybe a bet and buy a programme.

Obviously in the new ground, we would be a captive audience and we won't be able to spend our money in the hundreds of non club affiliated pubs/cafes/chippies etc as they're not there.

Anyway, my point is, it will be boss having all these new executive areas but will we fill them and make as much as everyone is making out?

I know this was weeks ago, but a good point would be my gfs friend come down one weekend with her chap to watch a rs match. He spent more in 6 hours on tickets, tours, merchandise, food and drink (about £700 from memory) all inside the ground than me and the 5 lads I go with have spent in one season. Maybe even 2 seasons.

And he isn't a 1 off. They have thousands of daytrippers for every home game looking to come up as a 1 off and spend hundreds all on official, club licensed tours and merchandise. We have thousands that turn up, have the odd pint in one of the pubs, maybe a bet and buy a programme.

Obviously in the new ground, we would be a captive audience and we won't be able to spend our money in the hundreds of non club affiliated pubs/cafes/chippies etc as they're not there.

Anyway, my point is, it will be boss having all these new executive areas but will we fill them and make as much as everyone is making out?
Is it true there are only 12 executive boxes in goodison

And that is why the size of the stadium isn't that important in terms of revenue. It is the type of person that goes and unfortunately, tourists do spend more than locals