New Everton Stadium Discussion

Went to Edge Lane today to fill out the survey, there was actually a queue of people outside waiting to go in so it is generating quite a lot of interest.

Regarding timeline, I took the below pic whilst I was there. There's another public consultation next summer with planning application being submitted late 2019.

View attachment 51284

I went along this afternoon too. Had some really in depth chats with those manning the cabin and fellow fans.

I think this will be long, slow process, but one that will become a reality.

The stadium will be a huge factor in seeing us join the elite clubs again, and our owners will be fully focused on making that happen asap.

The Liver building purchase and setting up headquaters, is so significant in moving the club to the waterfront.

And there is the problem.
The club know there's a good chance there not going to fill 60,000 seats so why build a stadium that big.

The club will have a rough figure given that they have season ticket holder waiting list and membership, hospitality numbers etc.

You either go for it big and build a brand new modern stadium or if there just after 10,000 more seats then just redevelop goodison, it may not look nice but at the end of the day your there to watch a football game.

The money is in the hospitality people pay between 250-1000 per person for people just wanting to go to one big game per season, your not going to get that if there's still 10000 tickets on general sale for the game.

If Everton begin to challenge the Sky clubs and play attractive football, they will fill a 60k stadium.

Just did the survey all the way from Australia

Just did the survey from France... And used several email accounts too... But also noticed that there is no verification process lads... If you can see what I'm getting at! ;) Let's hope our Scandinavian neighbours haven't noticed this as it could get messy...

Just did the survey from France... And used several email accounts too... But also noticed that there is no verification process lads... If you can see what I'm getting at! ;) Let's hope our Scandinavian neighbours haven't noticed this as it could get messy...
the question are not very sensitive to the project, it looks very much like a box ticking exercise to appease the planners. I doubt whether the RS entering jarg forms will alter anything and will probably stand out a mile as being mischievous.

the question are not very sensitive to the project, it looks very much like a box ticking exercise to appease the planners. I doubt whether the RS entering jarg forms will alter anything and will probably stand out a mile as being mischievous.

Yeah but my point was, and I was trying to say it without saying it, is that anyone can do the survey without a real email account, I did exactly that, so the survey can be abused, hopefully by Blues doing it 10 times under fake aliases to get a positive outcome, but who's more likely to abuse the system, blues or bitter reds?!?

Can't wait for this planning application this time next year...

I'm sure there will be plenty more hurdles in the next 12 months.

Almost like the stadium has been deferred until all this brexit crap is sorted..

Obv cost will need to be carefully accounted for. We may not be able to use the cheap labour that many Europeans come here for..

Can't wait for this planning application this time next year...

I'm sure there will be plenty more hurdles in the next 12 months.

Almost like the stadium has been deferred until all this brexit crap is sorted..

Obv cost will need to be carefully accounted for. We may not be able to use the cheap labour that many Europeans come here for..

If you can dry yourself out, there may be a job there for you Frank ;)