New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can't argue with that.

Though I get people see the Lucas Oil Stadium as a carbuncle you have to see beyond the brutal exterior. Internally as well in my opinion it IS iconic. Right size too. Meis might not be a fan but those early designs from April workshop have some vague similarity to the LOS interior. I'd certainly love the retractable roof but Meis is not a fan of that either. My dad worked on the docks for 30 years including BMD it is going to be cold and windy over there on the waterfront.

We could call it the Lucas Deign stadium! Well maybe not!
There is absolutely nothing iconic about Lucas Oil stadium. Nothing. It's not even in the top 10 of just NFL stadiums and isn't remotely iconic. It might be iconic for the city of Indianapolis, but that's it. Meis has designed better and more iconic stadiums already.

I've just done the survey but some of it was difficult. My postcode wouldn't have made any sense, so I said L7, where I used to live - a bloody long
time ago. I felt a bit uncomfortable answering that I'm an Everton supporter who goes occasionally, but it's hard to go that often when you live in Melbourne.
It's better than answering that you're a supporter who never goes, I suppose.

The matter was raised a few pages ago, and what's to stop bitter and twisted haters wrecking the survey?

60,000 seats - fill it every week using EITC inviting schools, homeless and those in need (if we dont sell tickets).

Regardless I would like to see EITC get 500 season tickets.

Revenue is generated by facilities, get people in the ground from 1pm. I spend more on county road than in GP.

I agree with inviting school kids to get them interested but can't see the homeless being arsed watching the match to tell you the truth, I know that the everton school gets complimentary season tickets because my cousin is a teacher there, but they could defo open it up to more schools

I agree with inviting school kids to get them interested but can't see the homeless being arsed watching the match to tell you the truth, I know that the everton school gets complimentary season tickets because my cousin is a teacher there, but they could defo open it up to more schools
I agree....aren’t the homeless already suffering enough ?

60,000 seats - fill it every week using EITC inviting schools, homeless and those in need (if we dont sell tickets).

Regardless I would like to see EITC get 500 season tickets.

Revenue is generated by facilities, get people in the ground from 1pm. I spend more on county road than in GP.

A couple of good sports bars within the stadium would go down well. Get people there early before a game.

That had me a bit worried too.
Along with the personal stuff...why? Are they going to include our own personal Lisbon Bar if enough tick the right box

As for the location questions and such, if it all falls through on finance...as it could...are they looking for hints on peoples (cheaper) preferred 2nd choice location.

Im working on the old slippery Everton assumption, that if they told me it was Wednesday, I'd best check to see if it wasnt Tuesday or Thursday just in case.
Worried?
A couple of good sports bars within the stadium would go down well. Get people there early before a game.
Yes..with reasonable prices and decent Ale

There is absolutely nothing iconic about Lucas Oil stadium. Nothing. It's not even in the top 10 of just NFL stadiums and isn't remotely iconic. It might be iconic for the city of Indianapolis, but that's it. Meis has designed better and more iconic stadiums already.

It's all about opinions. The interior anyway in my opinion is iconic. I think an Everton / Meis version of this would be a befitting replacement to Goodison. It's not a bowl and it's the right size. It's been posted many times before.

Attachments

• 1024px-LucasOilStadiumTheLuke.jpg
    1024px-LucasOilStadiumTheLuke.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 187