New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm a bit mystified at the timing but hey ho. We want the club to give us news, they give us news, we moan about the news. More consulations, no planning till the second half of next year. Sounds like it won't be 2022. Totally get that they are balancing the planning and the finance with making sure there are no mistakes going forward. Spot on. Rather it takes time and they get it right than rush in to it and make a mess.

One thing, only my opinion, anything less than 60,000 is a serious lack of ambition and insight. There's no mention of the capacity but for crying out loud we're Everton we're a big club go out and show it both on the pitch and off it!

Investment? Do the maths on the funding for players in terms of cash coming into the club. The club generated that cash. He's bought more shares? So what. He'll get his money back and then some. Means nothing.

Look, I'm not saying it's defo gone west, but the evidence that this is funded and on track is nonexistent. My message: critique this club over BMD. They are taking the utter piss.

So you just confirmed my point; buying of further shares is investment.
Ffs Dave

We spend ten times more on a clueless cheap player than we'd spend on surveys and consultations. Fact. Means nothing.

I'd counter with that's not really a good way to go about business, but we've just had Bill Kenwright in charge for 20 years so you never know.

The fact this is going to be delayed has been glaringly obvious for about 6 months now.

I'm glad they are finally coming clean and being realistic but it doesn't make up for stringing everyone along. Again.

I'm tired of being embarrassed by my club.

Also, why the [Poor language removed] would you release this news on the night of a 4-0 win for the rs?

Haha, wtf is that last paragraph about? Why on earth would any of us care about that game in relation to the stadium? Do you actually think there'll be blues out there gutted by their win?