New Stadium Discussion

PKwalnuts

Player Valuation: £225k
They're doing it because they still have hope that the cash can be sorted.

You know why they do it mate. How many times have you seen the continuation by the club with a stadium project when EVERYONE can sense it's in big trouble? Just because they produce more "info" doesn't mean "it's on". It's just them doing stuff because they have nothing to offer and will wait to see a little longer if they can get funding, all the while working on an exit strategy from this scheme.

It's called The Everton Way.
Pure Delusion
When something's in trouble it doesn't get endorsed
Just accept it's happening

jinkyali

Player Valuation: £35m
No. They have a poorly thought out politically unacceptable understanding for a funding model with the council. THAT is not investment secured. Sorry, but it just isn;t. Hence the prevarication and endless kicking of a can down the road.
You think Moshiri just thrown another load of dosh at the club without investment secured ?

Hickson9

Player Valuation: £8m
I do. It's also something that went on with the other failed stadium schemes and it came at a point when those projects were as good as finished....and there's nothing stopping the application going in prior to the consultations, as per Destination Kirkby.
It's a statutory part of the 2008 Planning Act. Everton don't get a choice in the matter.

They have to do this formal consultation prior to submitting an application for development consent.

Stav1985

Player Valuation: £750k
the esk is spot on. And I dont know about 'a penny finally dropping'. It's wise to change your mind when the facts begin to change. Why stay true to a busted flush, or certainly a model of governance that shows no sign of coherence?
It’s impossible to even get excited by anything there, the delays have been totally unacceptable

Charro

Player Valuation: £950k
Btw lads, we’ve got a survey and plenty of consultations so you can all take part and air your grievances.

Bet none of you do though. You’ll just moan about it and do [Poor language removed] all.

davek

Player Valuation: £70m
You think Moshiri just thrown another load of dosh at the club without investment secured ?
Investment? Do the maths on the funding for players in terms of cash coming into the club. The club generated that cash. He's bought more shares? So what. He'll get his money back and then some. Means nothing.

Look, I'm not saying it's defo gone west, but the evidence that this is funded and on track is nonexistent. My message: critique this club over BMD. They are taking the utter piss.

Davideeyore

Player Valuation: £500k
I'm a bit mystified at the timing but hey ho. We want the club to give us news, they give us news, we moan about the news. More consulations, no planning till the second half of next year. Sounds like it won't be 2022. Totally get that they are balancing the planning and the finance with making sure there are no mistakes going forward. Spot on. Rather it takes time and they get it right than rush in to it and make a mess.

One thing, only my opinion, anything less than 60,000 is a serious lack of ambition and insight. There's no mention of the capacity but for crying out loud we're Everton we're a big club go out and show it both on the pitch and off it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.