New Everton Stadium Discussion

Recent reports of folk navigating the Mersey in blue canoes suggest that planning permission/consent for our new stadium is imminent. I am very bullish on prospects (or should that be 'blueish' lol )

Betfair, Paddy Power, Coral and Ladbrokes all have a No Deal Brexit at evens.

The French and German Governments are engaged in No Deal preparations
(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...could-need-visa-to-visit-after-no-deal-brexit)

as have the UK Government
(https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...s-the-eu-with-no-deal#importing-and-exporting)

I would be very surprised if the Everton Board were not considering it too, and waiting to see what happens.

If I was being negative I would have added the strong possibility of a recession in the UK following Brexit, and the concerns of the Bank of England about conditions in the world's financial markets becoming similar to those which led to the 2008 financial crisis. That's the negative slant.
(https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/17/bank-of-england-high-risk-lending-leveraged-loans)
All right lad
You off to uddersfield sat

Inappropriate Behaviour
@WA Toffee
The wider picture is that the financial conditions now are too risky to press on with embarking on building a £500m stadium. The negative slant is that financial conditions might yet become considerably worse. I hope the board are careful. It would be disastrous for the club to have the problems which Valencia have had. I suspect that we can agree on that.
Few injuries this weekend lad
How do you think your lot will get on

I wouldn't endorse a 'baby with bathwater' capitulation in investment intention. I guess I'm proposing a horses for courses approach. The decision to build a small extension to a deck (perhaps to accommodate a hot tub?) shouldn't be derailed by the threat of firming interest rates. Similarly, installing french doors to facilitate indoor-outdoor flow shouldn't be a decision to keep one awake at nights...especially if one enjoys BBQ cooking and access to the BBQ is improved by the installation.
I'm not advocating irresponsible spend by the way; all I'm saying is we shouldn't allow too much negativity to prevent us all enjoying a nice hot tub soak on an evening after enjoying some nice BBQ-d sausages and steak accompanied with a healthy salad and some new potatoes.
Hopefully, the financiers of our new stadium take this very sensible post on board.
Our neighbours built a loft extension and didn’t lose any sleep

Haha, Think an extended boardwalk type of thing would be cool.

Few pop up bars, there, would be class in the summer when we have the annual Bramley Moore Pre season tournament. .
Recent reports of folk navigating the Mersey in blue canoes suggest that planning permission/consent for our new stadium is imminent. I am very bullish on prospects (or should that be 'blueish' lol )

The number of times there has been regret at the dismantling of the Overhead Railway. Another decision made with no foresight at all.Particularly when you see what New York has done with the defunct Elevated Railway!