New Everton Stadium Discussion

W

What’s wrong with homeless accommodation
Do you think they are all alcoholic , drug taking begging bums
A lot of families are homeless through no fault of their own
It’ll be done in a subtle way
There’s a reason all the ETIC stuff was mentioned in the tweet
It’s greasing the way

So would you be excluding the alcoholic drug taking bums from this homeless shelter then? Would the service only be for the thousands of homeless families that are currently living on the streets of Liverpool?

I'm not against services for the homeless for crying out loud, but it's not a good idea to place them in an area that is earmarked for upmarket housing and corporate hospitality.

Unfortunately the lure of my grandkids and my wife’s grandkids make it unlikely
Although I have to say I’ve 5/6 really good friends in Liverpool and my wife likes the City and it’s people when she comes over
She’s very close to my mates wife in Liverpool and they text most days
But the grandkids that's the problem
Luckily though I’ve free accommodation in Liverpool , cheap flights through my late father and with a healthy retirement package I’d be hoping to get to most home league games and all the CL games at the USM Dixie Dean Stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey
Hoping I’d be one of the regular 61878 regular visitors

So would you be excluding the alcoholic drug taking bums from this homeless shelter then? Would the service only be for the thousands of homeless families that are currently living on the streets of Liverpool?

I'm not against services for the homeless for crying out loud, but it's not a good idea to place them in an area that is earmarked for upmarket housing and corporate hospitality.
I’ve a different opinion
The homeless are all our problem and I say problem for want of a better word
The least every person in the country deserves is a warm safe bed to sleep in every night
If we ( as a people not the club ) can’t provide that then we need to have a long hard look in the bathroom mirror

We're in a sorry state if we're reading runes or tea leaves.

Rotherham and Burnham have one thing in mind when they speak: holding central government to their promises to devolve powers and resources to the metro authorities. I tend to view anything Rotherham says through that prism.

Rotherham is a careerist who launched a grab for a lot of Anderson's powers, and the joke is that the power wasn't there. Take no notice of him, he's just trying to look relevant.

Spelt his name wrong three times there

I’ve a different opinion
The homeless are all our problem and I say problem for want of a better word
The least every person in the country deserves is a warm safe bed to sleep in every night
If we ( as a people not the club ) can’t provide that then we need to have a long hard look in the bathroom mirror

It's a good job that there are numerous homeless services in Liverpool, and something known as housing benefit then isn't it.

I'm all for services for the homeless mate, but I'm not going to pretend that they don't exist when they do. I also maintain that it's a daft idea to plonk them in an area that is earmarked for upmarket housing and corporate hospitality.

Unfortunately the lure of my grandkids and my wife’s grandkids make it unlikely
Although I have to say I’ve 5/6 really good friends in Liverpool and my wife likes the City and it’s people when she comes over
She’s very close to my mates wife in Liverpool and they text most days
But the grandkids that's the problem
Luckily though I’ve free accommodation in Liverpool , cheap flights through my late father and with a healthy retirement package I’d be hoping to get to most home league games and all the CL games at the USM Dixie Dean Stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey
Hoping I’d be one of the regular 61878 regular visitors
I'm telling my kids not to have children as it might kibosh my plans to retire near the new stadium. It's a fair haul back and fro NZ/UK and I wouldn't like to see my grandkids get too jet-lagged...especially when they're still just babies

Get a grip. It's really not controversial to suggest that incorporating a homeless shelter into a new stadium in an area that is earmarked for regeneration is a bad idea. What's wrong with adding to the already existent homeless provision in another part of town?

Sounds more like out of sight out of mind, I don't see anything wrong with EITC using the new stadium to open its doors whether it be as a soup kitchen in the early hours or as a charity that helps the homeless find work and somewhere to live, they are selling this new stadium as not just another fat revenue stream to make a profit but to also put a multi million pound football club back in the centre of its community and be seen to be helping the most vulnerable of that community, because let's face it, football clubs are in a different situation as to another corporation like Google or something, were they can't move out of the city and will rely alot on future generations supporting it

We support it and it, with its growing wealth supports it's community

Sounds more like out of sight out of mind, I don't see anything wrong with EITC using the new stadium to open its doors whether it be as a soup kitchen in the early hours or as a charity that helps the homeless find work and somewhere to live, they are selling this new stadium as not just another fat revenue stream to make a profit but to also put a multi million pound football club back in the centre of its community and be seen to be helping the most vulnerable of that community, because let's face it, football clubs are in a different situation as to another corporation like Google or something, were they can't move out of the city and will rely alot on future generations supporting it

Well said sir

I don't think you are being realistic mate, and I think that the developers of the new flats would have something to say about Everton duplicating services that are already available in Kensington in the middle of their upmarket housing development.