New Everton Stadium Discussion

If anyone hasnt read the full Echo piece on that tweet, I suggest they do.

To paraphrase, Everton getting global recognition as one of the worlds best community clubs, and that will continue with the new stadium supporting all sorts of stuff, plus the hub at Goodison of course.

Makes quite a contrast with some other clubs near by.
Sound. Any word on the stadium?

And later he said: "It's a brownfield site and it (the stadium plan) will breathe new life into an area that's been crying out for investment for generations."
Asked later about the timing of the stadium scheme, Mayor Rotheram said: "At the moment that still lies with the local authority and the Secretary of State. In 2020 we will have a spatial development strategy which means that the metro mayor takes responsibility then for a lot more of those planning issues.
"We expect that Everton will have a ground before then, so it will have gone through the current regime."

A previously arsed facilitator. Knows the game in play.
How are we meant to have ground before 2020?

If anyone hasnt read the full Echo piece on that tweet, I suggest they do.

To paraphrase, Everton getting global recognition as one of the worlds best community clubs, and that will continue with the new stadium supporting all sorts of stuff, plus the hub at Goodison of course.

Makes quite a contrast with some other clubs near by.
Did you mean club or clubs lol
More and more dots waiting to be joined up

I think the piece about ETIC and the non matchday use of the stadium for schools etc and the accommodation for the homeless is a way of putting pressure on the council to put up or shut up plus it’ll look good on the planning application
Very few councils or government bodies could refuse PP with those extras thrown in

As I’ve said before it’s lads ingratiating themselves with the council

Don't forget the wider picture. The financial future is uncertain because of Brexit. Many companies have stopped investment in new projects because of potential unpredictably in trading after Brexit. Just take steel, for example. A stadium uses a lot of steel. Scunthorpe receives about 20,000 tonnes of iron ore a day, and a similar amount of coal. Both raw materials come from a mix of countries, Poland, Russia, US, Canada, Brazil and other South American countries, with whom we have trade agreements through the EU until Brexit. If no deal, no trade agreements - what then?

The steelworks are already hit by US trade sanctions, with British Steel losing 500 jobs with many, I would think, at Scunthorpe.

Who, in their right mind, would be going ahead with the build of a large stadium at this time when financing will be particularly difficult and the future so uncertain. I would wait for the situation to be come clearer.
Have you met @Steve0
Nice lad with a great sense of the unknown

Just imagine how excited this place will beomce they finally announce that a funding deal is in place and / or planning permission has been applied for.

It's so frustrating I wish the club would atleast release images of the stadium design or capacity etc. Just something for us to get behind in the interim period.
when development starts I am going to buy a new apartment near the site and upsticks here in NZ and retire on Merseyside. I am very excited at the prospect and look forward to meeting so many GOTers over a pre-match pint (not at The Lisbon though!!)

when development starts I am going to buy a new apartment near the site and upsticks here in NZ and retire on Merseyside. I am very excited at the prospect and look forward to meeting so many GOTers over a pre-match pint (not at The Lisbon though!!)
I hope to retire in 2021
I wonder if I could buy an apartment with a balcony that I could see the 4 graces from
Cut out the need for Ryanair a dozen times a year

I think the piece about ETIC and the non matchday use of the stadium for schools etc and the accommodation for the homeless is a way of putting pressure on the council to put up or shut up plus it’ll look good on the planning application
Very few councils or government bodies could refuse PP with those extras thrown in

As I’ve said before it’s lads ingratiating themselves with the council

Incorporating a homeless shelter into the stadium, or even in close proximity to the stadium, is over the top and not a good idea in my opinion. That end of town is trying to regenerate and improve itself, with a large part earmarked for new housing development (flats) I believe.

If Everton want to add to the already existent homeless services in Liverpool, then they should do so in another part of town, and not in close proximity to a stadium that intends to market itself to corporate clientele.

W
Incorporating a homeless shelter into the stadium, or even in close proximity to the stadium, is over the top and not a good idea in my opinion. That end of town is trying to regenerate and improve itself, with a large part earmarked for new housing development (flats) I believe.

If Everton want to add to the already existent homeless services in Liverpool, then they should do so in another part of town, and not in close proximity to a stadium that intends to market itself to corporate clientele.

What’s wrong with homeless accommodation
Do you think they are all alcoholic , drug taking begging bums
A lot of families are homeless through no fault of their own
It’ll be done in a subtle way
There’s a reason all the ETIC stuff was mentioned in the tweet
It’s greasing the way

Yeah swerve them the utter lowlifes, throw them in the Mersey I say!!!