New Everton Stadium Discussion

If you don’t mind me asking, what decisions are they and what improvements would come from them?

1537698330551.jpeg

One word: Monorail.
If that ever becomes a reality then we should employ all those Philippine and Bangladeshi workers prevalent in Dubai.
A few years back I was in Dubai in the March and saw the bare bones of the monorail connecting the Creek down to Jumeirha.
I went back later that year in September to find the thing almost completed, and they were fitting out the station halts.
Somehow I couldn't see that timescale here.

If BMD ever gets built its going to be a nightmare getting away after. Parking will be worse than Goodison. Even if a new station is built it would need Merseyrail to put more trains on at peak times. Every 5 minutes not every 15 like now. They run them every 3 minutes at Wembley Park for example.

I share your concerns about transport. We have to make sure all modes of arriving at BMD are catered for.

Even with a new train station not everybody can or will want to take the train. I do think there is huge scope for parking though, with or without building a few multi-stories. Remember the area is massively underused. Even the businesses that are located close by, will not be open, by and large, on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon and weekday evenings when games are played. On street parking in a semi derelict area and parking spaces being rented out by busnisses should not be a problem. For the latter, I'm thinking of a similar thing to what happens near Old Trafford and Wembley.

Best of all, encourage people not to take the car in the first place, so roads do not become clogged up. The big opportunity is bus. Pick up from keys points such as Sandhills, Kirkdale and the like and from various locations in the city centre should be the order of the day. Free shuttle buses from the Rotunda for people travelling in by bus from points north and north west such as Bootle, Kirkdale, Litherland, Crosby, Walton, Fazak, Kirkby, Aintree etc would prove really useful.

Couldn't we do a park and ride on the Wirral side for all the southerners driving up?

The club will shortly be asking fans for their opinions about the transport issues. Why don't you put it to them? I've got ideas of my own which I intend to. I'd love to see a ferry terminal being built. If not, at least a service from the Wirral to the Pier Head on Match days.

I share your concerns about transport. We have to make sure all modes of arriving at BMD are catered for.

Even with a new train station not everybody can or will want to take the train. I do think there is huge scope for parking though, with or without building a few multi-stories. Remember the area is massively underused. Even the businesses that are located close by, will not be open, by and large, on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon and weekday evenings when games are played. On street parking in a semi derelict area and parking spaces being rented out by busnisses should not be a problem. For the latter, I'm thinking of a similar thing to what happens near Old Trafford and Wembley.

Best of all, encourage people not to take the car in the first place, so roads do not become clogged up. The big opportunity is bus. Pick up from keys points such as Sandhills, Kirkdale and the like and from various locations in the city centre should be the order of the day. Free shuttle buses from the Rotunda for people travelling in by bus from points north and north west such as Bootle, Kirkdale, Litherland, Crosby, Walton, Fazak, Kirkby, Aintree etc would prove really useful.
We could arrive in a fleet of rowing boats and pedalos

I would encourage people to use the train rather than buses .. Its sometimes pointless getting a bus from Goodison to just sit in a queue of traffic . Trains to Moorfields or Central would only take a few minutes .Loads of fans go to Crosby and beyond or Ormskirk/ Kirkby .Thousands of people could be moved in minutes

As I said previously..on the plans for the whole area is a Transport Hub area, situated adjacent to the 10 Streets development (Derby Rd side) this could be utilised for what you suggest.

I would encourage people to use the train rather than buses .. Its sometimes pointless getting a bus from Goodison to just sit in a queue of traffic . Trains to Moorfields or Central would only take a few minutes .Loads of fans go to Crosby and beyond or Ormskirk/ Kirkby .Thousands of people could be moved in minutes
Agreed but the service would have to be increased on Matchdays to deal with the extra traffic ( significantly so when a Sunday game is on)....

We've got a better train network than most provincial cities, but there is still a significant percentage of local people who don't live that close to a station. Moreover, there will be a finite number of people you can move per hour by train given the maximum number of carriages and frequency allowed given the technology involved. On another note, the trains are already very busy with shoppers etc on Saturday afternoons. I still think that the key player in getting people to and from is the humble bus, particularly as neither the Dock Road nor Great Howard Street are anywhere near as busy as the likes as County Road.