New Everton Stadium Discussion

..Joe Anderson update, he’s apparently meeting Moshiri next week. The Council funding stream offer is still on the table but Everton are looking at other options;

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-joe-anderson-gives-important-15066460
408D28F600000578-4524758-image-m-36_1495281868155.jpg

More changes to the funding model; more talks about talks; more flannel.

'sake, who actually believes this tripe anymore?

Seems pretty obvious that funding is gonna come in from the source that was originally planned for.

Reckon the club had the council as back up plan and strung them along waiting for Usmanov to turn up with his check book.

dave you wouldn't believe you had fingers if they weren't attached to your hand, stop being negative man it takes time xxx

Dave does have a point though, one minute the council loan is virtually sorted, and it’s a great deal for all concerned, the council make money, and we get a really low interest rate, now we’re looking at other options (Usmanov?) I know as you say it takes time, but the funding issue seems to have gone on for absolute yonks, and by the sounds of it we’re no nearer to sorting it.

..there’s a national government backing the building of the new Royal Liverpool Hospital, yet that has stalled for 12 months or more. Appears complicated stuff this funding governance.

Dave does have a point though, one minute the council loan is virtually sorted, and it’s a great deal for all concerned, the council make money, and we get a really low interest rate, now we’re looking at other options. I know as you say it takes time, but the funding issue seems to have gone on for absolute yonks, and By the sounds of it we’re no nearer to sorting it.

whilst I agree its taking longer than anticipated, Anderson has said the council offer is still there so it's not like we have NO options, moshiri being an accountant is just looking for better options im assuming

I firmly believe this will go ahead

Seems pretty obvious that funding is gonna come in from the source that was originally planned for.

Reckon the club had the council as back up plan and strung them along waiting for Usmanov to turn up with his check book.
Pie in the sky.

There are some strong economic headwinds coming the way of our economy and all the while costs are rising.

A year and a half after the first funding deal was announced we've been through a series of tweaks to it and now that model is on the verge of being ditched, with no commitment from the private sector that they can and will invest.

Shambolic. It has the usual Everton stadium failure hallmarks stamped right through it.

whilst I agree its taking longer than anticipated, Anderson has said the council offer is still there so it's not like we have NO options, moshiri being an accountant is just looking for better options im assuming

I firmly believe this will go ahead

I know Joe Anderson says the offer is still there, but have the council agreed as one to go ahead with the loan? Be mad if they didn’t like.