New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Saint Petersburg Zenith "UFO" stadium is boss. Seeing it in operation during this world cup has been awesome.

Many dislike the "Futuristic" look of it - I personally reckon it's fantastic. Great location by the water as well...

20170217-The18-Image-Zenit-Arena-1280x720.png
f284b1eb2487d434c2abefcd09ff4c32.jpg
zenitnew10.jpg

The Saint Petersburg Zenith "UFO" stadium is boss. Seeing it in operation during this world cup has been awesome.

Many dislike the "Futuristic" look of it - I personally reckon it's fantastic. Great location by the water as well...

View attachment 47275View attachment 47276View attachment 47277
Looks class, if you like modern stadiums and with retractable roof and retractable pitch. Sadly we have already been told ours will have neither of these things

I feel genuinely sorry for the likes of @Jacko93 @BNJ1878 and others who place a lot of faith in the club and who obviously look for the positives in their statements and those of people like Dan Meis and Joe Anderson. I detest the club and those individuals for their abuse of goodwill like this.

Don't feel sorry for me Dave. I have plenty of confidence in this going ahead, and that's nothing at all with what the club or those individuals have/haven't said/done.

This is not like buying players where secrecy is the order of the day. If Jaguar Land Rover said they were to build a replacement factory for the workforce at Halewood, there would be immediate and constant engagement with the staff, with mock-ups, models and diagrams all laid out for view. This really should be no different. And I know, I know, we haven’t got PP or Finance arranged, but the lack of communication really is appalling. Anyway, enough said....

Would there? Not my experience of the construction or design industry at all. You would normally get some engagement from representatives of the workforce, but that's about it. Its a problem that many in building design have failed to manage successfully for a long time. Even public consultations, they tend to happen much further along in the process than you would think.

Would there? Not my experience of the construction or design industry at all. You would normally get some engagement from representatives of the workforce, but that's about it. Its a problem that many in building design have failed to manage successfully for a long time. Even public consultations, they tend to happen much further along in the process than you would think.
@Jacko93 , assuming that you don't have to kill me if you tell me , I would like to know what your day job is as you seem to have a very good knowledge of how projects of this type and size progress through the stages.

If the project is about to collapse it is an odd time to hire a programme director for it and for Keith Harris to tell Dan Meis in NYC two weeks ago that he can start to ramp his team back up after his holidays (Dan having previously hired at Elstone's say so only to have to let people go when nothing happened fast enough). I'm not saying it cannot or will not collapse, simply that there are currently EFC initiated actions that suggest a different view.

Question: when do you expect PP to be applied for, and at what point if it isn't forthcoming will alarm bells start ringing?

planning permission alone could take anywhere from 12 months - 3 years to get ironed out, on something of this scale.

so when they say 'spades in the ground' this time next year, its complete guesswork.

If the project is about to collapse it is an odd time to hire a programme director for it and for Keith Harris to tell Dan Meis in NYC two weeks ago that he can start to ramp his team back up after his holidays (Dan having previously hired at Elstone's say so only to have to let people go when nothing happened fast enough). I'm not saying it cannot or will not collapse, simply that there are currently EFC initiated actions that suggest a different view.
I wouldnt trust ANYTHING that keith harris says or does. he is the epitome of what is wrong within football. how these people survive is beyond me, going from one catastrophic mistake to the next

Agree on Harris BBN. The current 2022/23 timeline remains, at best, optimistic and at worst fantasy. I think the best guess scenario is the season starting 4+ full years after we start the planning process. If we start planning in January 2019 that would be 2023/34, if we start in September 2019 it would be 2024/25.

Agree on Harris BBN. The current 2022/23 timeline remains, at best, optimistic and at worst fantasy. I think the best guess scenario is the season starting 4+ full years after we start the planning process. If we start planning in January 2019 that would be 2023/34, if we start in September 2019 it would be 2024/25.

Spurs managed to build their stadium in 12months.

2022/23 is still possible.

They started ground and construction work EARLY in 2016. They've done a huge amount in the last 14 months but on a site without any of the groundwork or heritage restrictions of BMD.

We have to remember how long it took Spurs to get started, as you say the build of the stadium has been very quick , but the overall project has taken years.

I totally agree, Spurs started the whole process around 2007, but they had different issues than we will face, I doubt it will be plain sailing even for us, but ive seen nothing to suggest any delays, so far, but im sure there will be.

I mean re Spurs.

I found this quite amusing.

In September 2014, the remaining business with two plots on the development site, Archway Sheet Metal Works, initiated a legal challenge in the High Court that the compulsory purchase order was unlawful and invalid.[56] In November 2014, Archway Sheet Metal was subjected to a suspected arson attack, which destroyed their factory on the site.[57] On 20 February 2015, the High Court judge ruled that the compulsory purchase order was legal and valid. He also refused permission to appeal though it could be referred directly to the Court of Appeal,[58] which on 13 March 2015 Archway Steel confirmed to the Club it would not be pursuing.[59] On 31 March 2015, in a joint statement the Club and Archway Sheet Metal Works announced that agreement had been concluded on the sale of the remaining plots on the Paxton Road required for the development to proceed.

Dont mess with Levy.