New Everton Stadium Discussion

Maybe I got the dates mixed up but listen to Joe Anderson in the podcast last week, I'm sure he said full council sign off by June on the finance, and PP in by August? I'll have a listen again on the way to work.
Yeah, I ballsed it up.

Full council sign off in July/August and planning docs by year end.

Boooooo

Well, yes, there is that But there were times on the 70s and early 80s when we were awful too.
Was it this quiet under Moyes and Martinez?
I think the game's changed a lot since the 70s and 80s. All seater stadia, a change in fan demographics and the general sanitisation of the game all play a big part. In terms of being rubbish though, I think there's been a massive change recently. In the 70s, you could be rubbish one season but expect to be up there challenging the year after. Now, the way the odds are stacked in favour of the money clubs, there's a growing realisation that our place is currently with the also rans and is showing no signs of changing any time soon. It becomes very difficult to get excited about games that decide whether you finish 8th or 9th when the same is happening every season.

It *is* dead. I've had a chance to go to Goodison about 10 times over the last 2 seasons and it's deathly quiet compared to the 70s and 80s when I went regularly. I really don't understand why it's changed. Maybe it's because it's all seater, I just don't know.

Yep all seater doesnt help. Hopefully new stadium at the time will be allowed a safe standing section similiar to what celtic did. The is no safety reason in the world it shouldnt be allowed. It is actually safer to have a proper one than people standing in a new all seater stand. Hopefully people will see sense in this and change the regulations.

But the following doesnt help at goodison.
You cant sing. "Thats koppite behaviour"
Cant have banners "Thats koppite behaviour"
Cant make noise "thats koppite behaviour"
Cant sing or make up new songs "thats koppite behaviour" its a grand old team ....fade out

Laughable.

I think the game's changed a lot since the 70s and 80s. All seater stadia, a change in fan demographics and the general sanitisation of the game all play a big part. In terms of being rubbish though, I think there's been a massive change recently. In the 70s, you could be rubbish one season but expect to be up there challenging the year after. Now, the way the odds are stacked in favour of the money clubs, there's a growing realisation that our place is currently with the also rans and is showing no signs of changing any time soon. It becomes very difficult to get excited about games that decide whether you finish 8th or 9th when the same is happening every season.

Sad but true. Yet they say football is better than it's ever been. Pssst.
Used to watch any team in Division 1 and they all had a great player and nowadays only the select few are allowed to have these type of players 'for the benefit of the game' according to the media.

With this being in the docks is there not a big opportunity to have a massive walkway like Wembley way, but under the pitch going east to west. Would create a great area to get the atmosphere going before entering the ground?